How Much Have You Spent?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPloman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think I might be a sick-o. I was just doing my books last night and found out how much of my income is spend on my fish tank hobby over the past year.

How much have you guys spend over all on your tanks? I just want an idea of how sick I really am.

too much!
I am to afraid to add up the receipts.
And I am a DIYer so it might not even be as much as yours:)

Well, I've spent over a grand just in the last month so, I decided not to totally up the rest of the year. :oops:

I'm with Fluff! I've only had my tank since October and I have more money in there than I care to know! LOL.

Now I have to spend more $$ on livestock. I only have one fish and a handful of inverts and 2 shrooms.

Let the next round of spending begin!!!!!!1

Since starting my 75 gal main in January and also starting my 30 gal QT I have spent approximately $2500. It really makes me sick when I think about it.

swissfish said:
too much!
I am to afraid to add up the receipts.
And I am a DIYer so it might not even be as much as yours:)

I DIYed my sump/refug... That saved some money. I think over the past year I am hitting about $3000 :oops: , so I feel better hearing you guys are spending a bit more than I. I have an 85 gallon...

Darn sorry i didnt relize i was in the salywater forum. For my slatwater tank it's costed around $1,500

$2800 in one month for my tank. Have about another $600 or so to finish everything, and then will come the livestock bill...

boardsurfer said:
That settles it. I'm quitting selling real estate and opening my own LFS! :mrgreen:

Me too!!! I have actually been entertaining that thought for a while. I am a secretary and I really think a fish store would be really cool to own! There are enought sick people like us out there. It could be very profitable.

hey jp...i was thinking about getting one started up too.. But I have to sell my lawn care business first.. I have a **** load of ideas too..

I can't imagine that a little mom and pop fish store would be able to turn much of a profit. Here in Peoria they are just barely hanging on. SuperPets, PetSmart, and Petco have taken over everything.

Back
Top Bottom