How much money do you have into our hobby so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Much

• 0-100

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • 101-200

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • 201-300

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 301-400

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • 401-500

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • 501-800

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 801-1000

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • 1001-1500

Votes: 44 15.2%
  • 1501-2000

Votes: 26 9.0%
  • 2001-3000

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • This list can't even touch my price tag lol

Votes: 54 18.6%

• Total voters
about £400 for me, wasnt sure if the list above was for $ or £ so I voted for 400-500.

I managed to get a 240L (55G) 2nd hand for £170, which was a real bonus.

Its soon to be moving up to around £800 when I make the change to salties. :rolleyes:

Thinking about it. I've probably spent 3000 in the past two months alone.. I'm gonna go throw a tantrum now..

pantherspawn said:
Thinking about it. I've probably spent 3000 in the past two months alone.. I'm gonna go throw a tantrum now..

Wow I'm gonna guess salt water :) sorry...I'm on the phone app...so I can't look at your profile

Joyler said:
Wow I'm gonna guess salt water :) sorry...I'm on the phone app...so I can't look at your profile

Nope all fresh.. 1 brackish .. but I went from zero to crazy in 2.1 seconds lol

pantherspawn said:
Nope all fresh.. 1 brackish .. but I went from zero to crazy in 2.1 seconds lol

Holy crap! Lol...I'd say :) it's probably a good thing I DON'T have money...I'd be on the same 'Crazy Train' if I may use Ozzy's expression

ryan-peddle said:
I know all about it I am an impulse buyer I get home and set up a tank and feel guilty cause my wife wouldn't know yet lol

Luckily. (I think).. my wife is just as bad

pantherspawn said:
Haha yeah. When I decide to do something.. I go all in

Haha ya same! I recently decided to built on my 10g! And it's costed me over 1000 AUD!! Haha definitely money well spent though! My next goal is to attempt to heavy plant my goldfish tank! Gonna be a challenge :) but i love my hobby :D

Yeah kinda funny when you think about it Iam broke to watch fish swim around well it's more then that but I think it's worth it but some of my family disagrees

we spent about $80 for our first tank. We had to get decorations, gravel, etc. We are hoping to get a 29 or 30 gallon soon, so I'm saving up $200 just because we will need to get the tank and some other things.

I only started keeping fish in May this year and the tanks themselves were fairly cheap: £150 for my Jewel Vision 260 +cabinet+fish, a bare 35l that was free with the 260l and I now have a 55l+filter that was £10.50 on ebay. I spent another £100 on the "free" tank for a heater, filter, lid, light and substrate. Need to get a heater and a hood for the 55 and then the stuff to scape and stock it. Probably spent about another £60 on plants and £100 on fish........ eeeeek now I've written it all down I wish I hadn't :(

I'm losing track :lol: I don't want to put it in print. It may scare me.

But, I still believe that I get more enjoyment per dollar spent with the aquariums than any other hobby. I may go weeks without enjoying some hobbies but not a day goes by without staring at the aquariums, rearranging, etc.

Take skiing for example. Even after you spend a grand on equipment(very easy to do when you add it all up), if you go up to Killington during peak season it costs about $12/hr of enjoyment to ski(ridiculous how expensive it's gotten :blink:).

I don't think my tanks cost $12/hr of enjoyment(after buying equipment).

Worth every penny in my book. Definitely relieves stress.

Oh god I'm scared now. I don't keep track of the money I spend, but I know it's somewhere around the 400 dollar mark lol. But it doesn't matter, worth every single penny, dollar, quarter and nickel, I love my fish! :)

If I had the the exact cost it would be scary but when you figure a 55 g stand hood lights , gravel, decorations, air pump, filters, filter material, food, prime, nets, python hose, 6 Peacocks, a BN Pleco, then start over with a 10g tank, substrate, light bulbs, decorations, air pump, new stand, Ive got close to 1,400 in this already and ive come down with a bad case of MTS

I'm on my first tank 3 weeks ago from the ground up, 29 gallon full stock and heavily planted and I've probably spent 800-900 so far. :(

I have very easily spent 700+ on my 60g and that doesn't include the aquarium or stand because I'm "borrowing it" from my friends mom. I'm 14, and it's all been my own money. It makes me nauseous when I see that figure. :(
But it is well worth it when it all starts to work out. :p

Back
Top Bottom