How much money do you have into our hobby so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Much

• 0-100

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • 101-200

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • 201-300

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 301-400

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • 401-500

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • 501-800

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 801-1000

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • 1001-1500

Votes: 44 15.2%
  • 1501-2000

Votes: 26 9.0%
  • 2001-3000

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • This list can't even touch my price tag lol

Votes: 54 18.6%

• Total voters
I've got an established 68 litre and I reckon altogether iv put about £850 into that an now iv just brought a 300 litre for £130 but I'm off to my lfs later so it's on it's way up lol. How about this . . . How much was ur most expensive fish?? So far mine was £40

Well let's see lol. I've had tanks, my own, since I was 16. So over the years who knows. I currently have a new 55g cichlid tank that I got for a steal. My current tank, probably about $400 with the lights, filter and sand bed. My most expensive tank was my 125g reef tank. I estimated that tank at one time cost me around $4000-$5000 with all the corals, live rock and fish I had in it. My favorite tank but had to sell it when I moved from Virginia to Florida 5 years ago

This is a bad one!!! Couldn't even tell you how much is invested, most of my tanks are breeder/nursery setups. running lots of tanks, heaters, a large primary air pump that runs 20 tanks plus all the others - out of the ball park LOL But the livebearers pay the food / goodies for everyone else, the cichlids help with supplies so its all good LOL

I have had many tanks & fish for about 40 years. My pond is 18,600 Gal with 65 koi. I can't even guess the $ amount.

Probably $2000+ hahaha over 4 tanks, SW, FW, and BW. I don't want to count my bank records, that's no fun. I probably could have saved a couple hundred if I knew what I know now back then... But you learn from your mistakes! I'm gonna have to justify myself with the fact that spending money helps the economy :p Especially fosterandsmith/liveaquaria, I don't mind spending there because their business is so good.

--Adeeb

I counted yesterday.... OVER 400 dollars! And I haven't even been in this hobby for a year... 2 5 gallons, 5 ten gallons, and one 29, and of course assorted sized hospital tanks. And I make my own decor and use my own rocks, so that should have cut the cost, but nope...

I dont regret it though :)

This is actually my cheapest hobby compared to fishing and paintballing.

alex07 said:

I got about $700 of my OWN money, and I'm only 13 lol.

I didn't think paintballing would cost a lot!

Im probably going to break my first $1k soonish. I have been in this hobby, seriously into it, for two months.

George9 said:
I got about $700 of my OWN money, and I'm only 13 lol.

I didn't think paintballing would cost a lot!

My paintball markers alone are $1000+ each, then upgrades, other equipments, paintballs, it just adds on and on.

alex07 said:

Then your doing something wrong lol I have well over my paint ballin hobby in my 25 gallon alone with a complete custom marker and every extra you can own

Since I went planted I am over 5 k on my two special attention tanks

ryan-peddle said:
Then your doing something wrong lol I have well over my paint ballin hobby in my 25 gallon alone with a complete custom marker and every extra you can own

Since I went planted I am over 5 k on my two special attention tanks

I just dont know how you spend so much on a tank. I've had planted tanks as well and have co2 and I still havent reached over $300 on 1 tank alone.

Back
Top Bottom