how much to feed cory catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

undercutter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
for an adult albino cory about 2 inches in length is one pellet a day enough? too much?

I am talking about regular size sinking pellets such as these

Omega-One-Shrimp-Pellets.jpg
71690_3d92804a259e215e8f66ccbe4170bd7d.jpg

A half-pellet/wafer per day would be good.

that sounds about right, I was thinking that one pellet per fish a day might be a little too much

I have a school of 4 albino cories, 2 adults and 2 smaller ones, lately I've been giving them 2 pellets a day with a break on sunday

I've switched over to the NLS pellets for my Corys. What's great about them is they don't start dissolving like other wafers and pellets. I've got 6 Pandas...and I usually drop 2 in every couple days. You'll watch them taking turns chowing down on them. How many Corys do you have? (I ask because they really need to be in a group...the more the merrier.)

My cories won't touch the wafer/pellet for some reason. They do love foraging for leftovers though

I've switched over to the NLS pellets for my Corys. What's great about them is they don't start dissolving like other wafers and pellets. I've got 6 Pandas...and I usually drop 2 in every couple days. You'll watch them taking turns chowing down on them. How many Corys do you have? (I ask because they really need to be in a group...the more the merrier.)

4 cories

I feed them 2 pellets a day now and they really go at it

img_1474514_0_f9014104012eedf60683c661028f035b.jpg

don't mind brown algae it was due to new aquarium and is going away now

eco23 said:

What kind of NLS are you using?

And yeah I usually drop a half or full wafer down for my corys and loaches. They go crazy for a good spirulina disk and/or shrimp pellet!

Predfan27 said:
What kind of NLS are you using?

And yeah I usually drop a half or full wafer down for my corys and loaches. They go crazy for a good spirulina disk and/or shrimp pellet!

They're the NLS h2o stable wafers. They've got a picture of a Cory and some type of SW fish on the front. I just saw one I dropped in 3 days ago that my Ram is chowing on...and it pretty much still looks like it did when I added it. The Corys like the Hikari algae wafers more...but those things make a darn mess.

Hi, I just started using the NLS wafers too and found also that my 3 guppies and 2 panda corys ate only about a 1/3 of a wafer in a little over 24hrs. I was surprised to see most of the wafer was stil intact because the jar's label said it would release the food over 24 hrs (ie I thought the wafer would be dissolve in 24hrs). Are you concerned at all that the residual wafer after 3 days will be "polluting" your water?

Ken's sinking pellets.
Kens Fish has a science to fish food.
My six Corrys are:)

Back
Top Bottom