How often to feed RBTA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

King Supra

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a huge RBTA with low lighting stated in y previous thread but I read that if yo dot have proper lighting you can feed them so they stay healthy. How often would I have to feed my nem???

I feed my once to twice a week.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What exactly do you feed it? I was thinking like frozen shrimp would be good since we have a lot of it in my house.

yeah, upgrade the lights or its just a matter of time until it dies. even with feeding it would make the water nasty

I feed them small meaty food.

Once a month some live feeder fish's from LFS, not the goldfish. It allows my clown to play with them.

My clown would bite the fish tail and pull it to the anemone. Then the clown would proceed to feed next one.

That's awesome!!! And I'm currently working on it right now trying to find good lights for myself

What size of tank is it?
And just be careful when feeding. Too large of food and it will not only be stressful to the anemone, but will have it expend more energy than it will gain from the food. This can further the downgrading/bleaching before you get your new lights.

Don't keep an anemone if you don't have the proper environment to take care of it. What size tank and what lighting do you currently have?

Here are the anemones.

Anemones

Attachments

• 1429740891222.jpg
    1429740891222.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 111
Second

Attachments

• 1429740950421.jpg
    1429740950421.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 97
Octopus anemone

Attachments

• 1429741005930.jpg
    1429741005930.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 130
It's a 50 gallon aquarium I mentioned my lights in my last thread I got them from my uncle off his sump he said he they were enough to keep a nem

It's a 50 gallon aquarium I mentioned my lights in my last thread I got them from my uncle off his sump he said he they were enough to keep a nem

It's probably not enough if it was on a sump. What lights exactly.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Perhaps a small bit of meaty food twice a week along with the orbit at 100% may be enough, but I would be concerned.

If its for a 50g it maybe pushing it. My is 29g not a deep tank and its the same orbit lights u got. The lights are too weak for carpet anemone. Couple of other anemones are not good enough as well. Forgot their names. Rose bubble definately not good under these.

I have never fed (directly) any of my nems!
The two in my 120(from NJ{a story itself}) are 7+ years old and one split into two last fall.
This was one year after I took possession.
Both (of the ONE) are doing great and about supper plate(10") size easy.
The second nem is ready to split anyday now for last 6 months IMO and is around 20" during lighting and GONE back into his crack when the lights fade.
They feed mainly on light, and the clowns bring them the bonus.
I only feed the fish 1-3 times week.

Back
Top Bottom