How soon feed new fish in tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T Waters

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have large 6 foot tank.
Just stocked with 7 frontosa, about 1-1/3" long, tiny!
My question is how to soon to feed them?
They have only been in their new home for 1 hour.
These were shipped here to us thru the mail.

Should I wait a day for them to get more comfortable?

Or let them know right away who the people are that
bring them stuff to eat? :lol:

Give them a few hours they won't eat right away and the food will just make waste

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Alrighty then, will do.

By the way interesting such tiny fish compared to when adult, yet the hierarchy forming. 4 bismark blues and one very bright red Frontosa hang out together inside driftwood on the right of tank. And then 2 very dull reds on the far left by edge of glass getting far away as possible. So its group of five and group of two, stay far away from each other.

Some fish take longer to settle in than others. Many barbs and danios and stuff will eat immediately. Some shyer fish will take days.

I usually wait a couple days to feed new fish.

Post some pictures in the cichlid section. Fronts are one of my favorite non sa/ca cichlids.

Turns out I had to feed crushed flakes and frozen mysis because those circulate round and round mid tank, and can be seen by the frontosa. The pellets just sank to the bottom and were hard for fish to find them.

I don't believe how hungry the feed now, so I hold back to one or every now and then twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom