How supportive are your partners in this hobby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Within the last few months my wife and son (5 year old) have expressed a lot of interest in the hobby. I'm not sure if it's because I put my interest in the hobby on hold or what. They were the ones that tried to maintain the tank. They even did a partial water change on their own! Over the weekend they both helped me tear dow the tank completely and clean it thoroughly. They are great campers.

The tank should have never gotten into the condition that it did. We had a major ice storm two years ago two days before Christmas. Lost electric for three days. I lost some very old fish due to not acting. I had no clue what I could do and since I did nothing I blamed myself for the deaths. The tank has mostly sat there and maintained itself since. Last weekend I got over the deaths and got the tank back to par.

I live by myself so I have a little leadway in matters. I have had girlfriends and none hav complained about my hobbby. If anything, they are glad I have something outside of work and classes. If they do have a problem with that, then that is when they find themselves without a guy again. Plain and simple to me...I guess having a spouse makes thing more complicated from what I have read here though...!

Back
Top Bottom