How to find the perfect branch for my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I'm wondering what trees make the perfect branches for my tank? It's a 29g, and I want to mount it on the side of my tank. What would be the safest way to do that aswell? I'm from New Orleans, we have all kinds of awesome trees adapted to the wetlands. If that's any help.

you wanna get a nice hard wood. I read that if you press your nail in it and it marks then its no good. Also to mount it at petsmart and other pet related stores as well as probably most walmarts and stores like that you can buy suction cops which you could attach to your wood using either non toxic super glue, or possibly a thing they give you with it such as a grip. If you want to mount it on the side i would be definitely looking at suction cups though. Goodluck, post pics asap!:)

Thanks! I'll go ahead and give it a shot. I'm not sure if I want to do a cypress, or magnolia branch.

Manzanita branches are going for pretty cheap on eBay, and they're a safe bet. They're usually sold sand blasted or with the red bark still on for wedding centerpieces or decoration, but can be used for our purpose all the same.

Back
Top Bottom