How to get starfish off the glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I have 2 CC star fish, they are almost always at the top of the water line, when i do water changes their entire body would be out of the water.

How do I get them off the glass? I have tried pulling on them but obviously their suction cups are well stuck. I don't want to rip them off...

Thanks,

-TheChad

I tried that, but they just move slightly, If i take some water out, they will move down to the new water line (Eventually) But that would take me a full day to change water waiting on them..

Will they regrow their suction cups? I noticed 1 of them had a few fall off on the glass when I was trying to persuade it to come off?

Thanks,

-TheChad

My CC Star prefers the sand bed and rock more than anything... How long have you had him?? when i first got mine he stayed at the top more often but not anymore...

I used to go ahead and just do the PWC and never had a problem. I still have these micro stars that when I do a WC they get uncovered but I hurry and do the WC and cover them up again and they move on.

Will the starfish regrow their tube feet?

I read on a google search on CC starfish, that if you shine a flash light at them, they will retract their feet... Is this true? If so does it hurt them for any reason?

Thanks,

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom