How to make brackish water. Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should not add the mix while fish are in tank unless you add little at a time all day.
The fish should be fine with your salt level you are planning.
The monos can go full salt 1.025.
It would be best t place fish in bucket,get tank to proper level pretty quick while you bring the bucket up to the level of the tank.
Yes this bucket idea is great. I will match both waters salanity and then will add fish. Thanks a lot for ur help. Means a lot.

IMO you change 50% when the ammonia or nitrite go over 1ppm.
You need to test daily, maybe every other ,but that could be risky as spikes can be quick.

Also when I change water I will need to add more marine salt of course. That won't contribute to cycle?

Also when I change water I will need to add more marine salt of course. That won't contribute to cycle?

You'll make your wc water the night before in a separate bucket, put the amount of water you plan on changing in a bucket add salt, let it mix with a power head for 12-24 hours make sure salinity matches your tank then do it like a few change( siphon and replace). And like a second system any evaporate will need to be replaced with fresh water as salt doesn't evaporate

You guys are making this way more complicated than it needs to be. Refractometers are not that expensive.

1) Dissolve a couple tablespoons salt in a soft-drink pitcher, pour it in.

2) Test salinity the next day.

3) Repeat steps 1 & 2 until desired salinity level is reached.

Thereafter, add salt dissolved into the water changes, checking salinity the following day and adjust amount of salt added as required.

Back
Top Bottom