How to make your first "Nemo" tank... Ridiculous!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

binaryterror

Aquarium Advice Freak
Check this out. I found it on another forum and thought I would share. Once you have cooled down... please post your comments. Look at what they put in that little tank. Plus they dent mention cycling or properly acclimating your fish. Total BS if you ask me...

Please follow the link below and watch the CBS Video...

http://www.aqualinkwebforum.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=8126047912&f=3556085422&m=4636097553

Be astounded! I know I was :x

Yeah, isnt it horrible?! A Hippo Tang in a 5 gallon!!! Along with a starfish, seahorse, and some Clowns! It is ridiculous. She is a Tetra rep. also!

Does it matter the date if some new eyes see it? I saw the date before I viewed it, but had never seen it before!

PS. Please don't delete this (old) thread!

ahhhh!!!

man, this video was horrible!! lol, they just dump the fish in and i went nuts I also went nuts when they said it was a nemo tank!! after they give me a heart attack, THEN they add the acclimation part not even telling you how to do it. cycling, one of the most important steps they dont include. way to many fish in there. 1 inch per gallon! are you crazy! lol, i think ill think twice about buying from tetra agian!

yup folks making a SALTWATER aquarium is EASY AND FUN!!! WEEEEE!! lol

8O All this time I have been doing everything wrong :?: I want to smack the stupid woman that was showing "how to do it" I have never bought tetra products but I will make sure I do not now. I am boycotting.

OMG, 8O I never knew it could be so easy. Just think of all the time I wasted cycling. aclimating etc. Frankly I am speachless. No wonder there were so many parents wondering through LFS after the movie came out. Thankfully there were some responsible LFS out there to prevent halt this travesty.

Its just wrong. They probably threw those fish away after the taping of that. Yeah after nemo came out im sure a lot of perculas and hippos lost there lives dew to the lack of knowledge of saltwater care. I dont believe what I just saw

It might be an old thread but this was the first time I've ever seen it. I hope some parents don't find that and think they can set up the perfect "Nemo" tank on Christmas Eve for their children the night before. I spent two months staring at an empty box of water praying for the day I could add my first fish, much less dumping five of the poor little guys in at one time from a five gallon bucket.

Finding nemo has gotten a lot of people interested in sw...and that's a good thing.

It's just the people who try making money off if are the bad ones. If you own a store shouldn't you know about what your carrying!?! I mean some fish shps don't ven know what the fishes name is...so how'd they end up owning a fish store?!?
If you even cared for fish or any animal for that matter you would steer the person in the right direction...

I've watched about 2 minutes now and it's ticking me off....OOOohh patriotic fish,,, LIve plants are good!

OMG!!! im so gonna sue them...... HOW DARE YOU PUT SEAHORSES IN THAT!!!!!

My god...heres a little bowl with dorie and nemo! oh hers some more nemo...OH almost fogot... starfish and seahorses!!!!

I think the host knows more than the tetra lady...I mena she ven says..dont put fish in when the tank is totally new and add the fish within 2 seconds of getting it!
That terta lady got burned on that one...

I honestly cannot belive they did that... So far 1 hippo tang, 3 clownfish or something like that, a bunch of little seahorses, a couple of starfish, and now she has another bag of fish floating!

Well im out..im getting really ticked and im going on a rant here...

Thanks for all the input guys. I just couldnt resist sharing this. The poor fish are probably dieing in there. They dent even care about the fish, all she cares about is getting money from parents who want to buy there kids a little "Nemo" tank. It is absolutely disgusting.

No, the poor fish are probably long since dead. The event took place along time ago. Learn from the video and move on. Teach others the proper way to do things and always try to continue to educate yourself as well. That is one of the most effective tools you, as a consumer, can have.

Back
Top Bottom