How to peroxide bath

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aluo18

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My moss is practically rn covered in algae. I'm thinking of taking it out and let it bathe in hydrogen perxoxide solution. Is there a specific Type of hydrogen peroxide, how did i do it?

3% hydrogen peroxide..but dont leave it too long or it will kill it.

You can take it out and soak it 20 minutes in a 1:3 or 4 ratio of hydrogen peroxide 3% to water.

Or you can pull up in a syringe 1-3ml peroxide to every 1 gallon of tank water. Turn off your filters, then slowly squirt the algae with the peroxide. Leave filters off 20 minutes.

Reduce your lighting to 6 hours daily until it's been gone a couple weeks and then slowly increase lighting by 30 minutes every 2-3 weeks but if you see algae begin to develop then back you lighting down 30 minutes.

What size tank and what type lighting are you using? How long are you running the lights daily? What plants are in the tank? Are you using CO2 or liquid carbon? What about ferts? The thing is you can treat the algae and kill it but if you don't correct the problem causing it the algae will most likely come back.

You can take it out and soak it 20 minutes in a 1:3 or 4 ratio of hydrogen peroxide 3% to water. Or you can pull up in a syringe 1-3ml peroxide to every 1 gallon of tank water. Turn off your filters, then slowly squirt the algae with the peroxide. Leave filters off 20 minutes. Reduce your lighting to 6 hours daily until it's been gone a couple weeks and then slowly increase lighting by 30 minutes every 2-3 weeks but if you see algae begin to develop then back you lighting down 30 minutes. What size tank and what type lighting are you using? How long are you running the lights daily? What plants are in the tank? Are you using CO2 or liquid carbon? What about ferts? The thing is you can treat the algae and kill it but if you don't correct the problem causing it the algae will most likely come back.
10 gallons, 2-13 watts cfl, about 12+ hours, not co2, liquid carbon or ferts

Your lights are on way too long and you have a fair amount of light over a 10g. You seriously might want to consider using liquid carbon and some liquid ferts or got down to perhaps 1 light.

I bought a rubber nose and getting some RCS tomorrow, the RCS are getting along(bought 2 today)

Back
Top Bottom