How to: PPS-Pro fertilizing method

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My water is on a well, so not sure how the levels might fluctuate seasonally (first month!)
My ph has tested between 7.9 and 8.2 from the tap and in a cycled 2 week old tank.

I am following this thread to plan how to take care of These plants(listed in pic) plus penny wort, micro sword lilaeopsis, jungle Val and a curly leafed thing that is pretty common, so far only dosing flourish excel daily, low lights.

I'm looking into RO/DI and a reef tank this year, do I need the test for KH and GH for saltwater versus fresh? Is this type of test a must for reef tank maintenance?

Attachments

• image-2557235741.jpg
    image-2557235741.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 63
My water is on a well, so not sure how the levels might fluctuate seasonally (first month!)
My ph has tested between 7.9 and 8.2 from the tap and in a cycled 2 week old tank.

I am following this thread to plan how to take care of These plants(listed in pic) plus penny wort, micro sword lilaeopsis, jungle Val and a curly leafed thing that is pretty common, so far only dosing flourish excel daily, low lights.

I'm looking into RO/DI and a reef tank this year, do I need the test for KH and GH for saltwater versus fresh? Is this type of test a must for reef tank maintenance?

Since your on well water I would actually get the test kits so you know what your working with. As for the plants you have you don't need anything special. For reefs, it's been about 6 years since I took down my last reef tank, but I remember having a calcium test kit and a million others. I can't really remember if I had a GH/KH test kits. Wish I could be more help on the reef answer but it's just been too long.

Back
Top Bottom