how to ship fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need to know how to ship a fish, and what supplies I will need to do so. Thanks

I believe severum mama has a guide so you might wanna try asking her for the link.

I need to know how to ship a fish, and what supplies I will need to do so. Thanks

You'll need the following supplies.

Boxes/Labels - Free from USPS.
Styrofoam insulation - Home Depot
Kordon Breather Bags - Online/Aquabid
Filler (peanuts or newspaper) - Free or shipping place for special filler
Shipping tape - Office Depot/Staples
Sharpies/Pens - Walmart
Heating packs if too cold - Online/Aquabid

Pretty much it I think, its what I use with my shrimp.

Thanks... that is very good to know.... now I wish I needed to ship a fish! Lol!

Oscarr19 said:
Lol so why did you need to know how to ship one?

Well, I am going to be breeding guppies... and I might be selling and shipping some.. still not sure about shipping them though

Shipping big fish is a little more complicated because they need a much larger water volume and large amount of air. It's best done in a medium or large flat rate box so weight is irrelevant.
I've shipped fully grown adult angelfish this way via priority without any problem, I just insulated the box, then figured out how big I could make the bag, more air the better.

I just make sure the water covers the fish completely no matter which way the bag turns, add a few drops of prime and as much air as you can fit in there.

You're going to need a bigger box than flat rate then. You'd be better off giving it away or selling it locally than trying to ship it somewhere IMO

Back
Top Bottom