How to travel 3 hours in a 4runner with livestock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I decided to purchase the setup advertised on this site http://aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=102940 I am paying 1000 for all the stuff listed. The Coralife lunar aqualight pro fixture sold me with the ability to do SPS corals. Verses my 46 gallon bow with much less lighting( I will be selling my 46g soon) My question is how do I successfully get the livestock from Marysville WA to Yakima WA(A 3hour drive) Without killing anything. It is risky. I will probably put all the fish/corals in buckets and hope they make it. After the 3hour drive I will probably put everything into my current 46gallon setup as a quarantine. My current setup has 2 clownfish and a sally light foot crab only. Should I acclimate the fish/corals from the bucket to the tank or just toss them in and pray for the best and how long to acclimate?? Then how long shall I quarantine before I put them in the new tank Will it have to cycle again after being broke down for 7 hours or so. Anybody that has had this experience I could use some advice.

It is doable. watch your temps and get a couple of battery powered air pumps to help oxygenate the water. Just keep the LR damp. It does not need to be submerged. Make sure the container you use to transport the livestock has nothing that can fall on them in it. Use buckets and rubbermaids to transport everything.

It will help that you have an established system to move them to.

Good luck!

ellisz said:
It is doable. watch your temps and get a couple of battery powered air pumps to help oxygenate the water. Just keep the LR damp. It does not need to be submerged. Make sure the container you use to transport the livestock has nothing that can fall on them in it. Use buckets and rubbermaids to transport everything.

It will help that you have an established system to move them to.

Good luck!

Could not say it any better. (y)

Back
Top Bottom