How to use Fenbendazole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently posted a topic in Cichlid Discussion about my Africans getting skinnier and skinnier, and after changing their diet to NLS and feeding twice a day, there was no change in my Africans, so now I'm going to try treating with Fenbendazole.

What would be the best way to treat them? I'm thinking of mixing a small bit of water and maybe some garlic guard with the fenbendazole, and then pouring the mixture over the NLS and letting it sit for awhile before feeding, and feed for 3 days. Does that sound right? Can anybody enlighten me on a more precise or different/better treatment with fenbendazole?

That is what is suggested .
As long as fish are still eating many links say you should see worms "exiting" the fish "within hours".
Good luck.

Well, the medicated food with Fenebadazole says "feed once every other day for 10 days. Fish should be kept hungary to eat vigirously." Now keep in mind this is medicated food and probably a much lower dose than what your using, but you will need to treat several times, and then wait 3 weeks and treat several times again along with alot of vacuming to get rid of the paralysed worms and larve on the bottom of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom