How would you make a sump next to your tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

domant

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It depends what you mean by simple and what you want to do with it. The simplest sump would just be a container that can hold water with a return pump. If you want chambers you can add dividers for all the reasons that were listed above. It is actually really simple to make a sump, even out of glass and silicone.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread or anything but how would you make a sump next your tank (I don't have access to the space under my tank). Also could I use a 10 g or 20 tall?

You can plumb a sump next to the tank or even to a different floor of your house. You just need to make sure your return pump can return water to the tank.

You can plumb a sump next to the tank or even to a different floor of your house. You just need to make sure your return pump can return water to the tank.[/QUOTE

That's awesome! Do you think you could point me toward a good site that would have a detailed plan to build this? I've had my fowlr since spring but want to add more water volume and a refugium. Maybe get my skimmer out of my tank if space permits. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom