Hurricane Coming and Just Started Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickkyBobby

Aquarium Advice Activist
So basically there is a hurricane :hide: coming that will hit around here Sunday night into Monday-tuesday.. 2 Days ago i filled my 65 Gallon tank with RO/DI water and added salt to it.. I need to add a bit more salt but im close now..

I haven't started cycling my tank and i dont know if it is a good idea to start doing it now or wait till after the hurricane is gone. We lose power here sometimes when bad weather hits and if i start cycling it now i think it would be a waste of time if the power goes out.

Also, i added the water and salt and mixed it in my tank (there is nothing else in there at all,No sand rock,Empty tank) and my water is cloudy after about day 2.. Ive read this is normal on new tanks but i have nothing at all in mine.. I have a 20 gallon sump, Octopus skimmer , 2 1050 koralia PH . Everything is running now

It wouldn't be a waste of time. Just toss in a couple shrimp and let it do its thing... even if the power does go out, it'll still cycle as long as it doesn't get really cold.

cool. ty MFD. i was just concerned about the water not circulating if the power went out..ill start cycling tomorrow..

Nah, that won't be a problem. I didn't even have my powerheads on during my cycle... just my return pump, though, that was more for fine tuning the setup than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom