hyposalinity for my sick seahorse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a ill seahorse, not sure why. May be those pesky parasites. decided to do a 8 gallon hyposalinity tank. How can I keep up the PH in the tank?

I'm not sure the product name but its made by seachem (i think, sorry I'm at work slacking off). It's an alk buffer that will keep Ph at 8.2-8.3
When I go home I'll try to remember to take a pic.

Sorry for the delay, I forgot to check last night. I did look this morning though. It's called marine buffer by seachem. Works well imop

Yes, Seahorse can survive in a hyposalinty tank for parasite treatment. It works quite well for the same reason you would treat a sick fish. The most important thing for them when you do this is not to go below 0.010 and ph needs to match the DT tank before you transfere.

I`m pretty sure it`s not barasites. Seahorses are very prone to bacterial infections. You`ll see whiteish slime on them. I have hear that melafix or pimafix are Ok to treat depending if it`s bacterial or fungal.

Back
Top Bottom