I am REAL Mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL thing is I was watching Teen Mom and then stupid real world came on, I wasn't paying too much attention until they started fighting (of course) and then BAM sucked in lol.

We are the shepards of the earth. We are in charge of taking good care of it. And as shepards we sometimes eat members of the flock.

But it takes a pretty sick puppy to kill an animal for fun. Reef fish are not good eats. I have seen people in the Caymans eating them however.

Killing for food OK, Killing for fun bad.

A call in to PETA might straighten out the MTV

a google search reveals nothing.

Feeder fish live in a crowded environment only to be eaten alive. The goldfish and minnows that die like this are just to the misfortune that they are cheap and not very colorful.

I would not be able to handle my favorite fish do the same. However, if they became easier to breed and cheaper then today's feeders...

In the end, everything we do is simple: bussiness. I'm sure that with today's technology, we can transform a feeder goldfish into a top specimen, but that's not worth the cost. Ethics and morales keep us in check; good thing, they are usually right.

My ethics tell me not to grill my pet. I guess his don't.

Shock is when your body can't handle whatever stimuli that is being received, so you feel nothing. That's why when you get shot, you usually don't feel it (I think). If the stove was hot enough, the fish probably wouldn't even feel it. That is why the freezer method is considered cruel, because it happens slowly.

True, not that many people have liquid nitrogen sitting around, but I guess liquid co2 or compressed air could work.

Shock is when your body can't handle whatever stimuli that is being received, so you feel nothing. That's why when you get shot, you usually don't feel it (I think). If the stove was hot enough, the fish probably wouldn't even feel it. That is why the freezer method is considered cruel, because it happens slowly.
I was shot when I was in the service and serving in the Vet Nam conflict.
It hurts to be shot, let me tell you......

Those are my thoughts, but i figure i will stir the pot a little by saying, whats the diff. from this and taking a lobster from its tank and boiling it to eat? (lets say hypothetically the retard ate the fish he fried)

Well, the main reason lobsters are kept alive until the moment of cooking is a food safety issue. Once dead, nasty bacteria tend to build up exponentially faster than even with fish. It is possible to kill the lobster immediately before cooking, but most people don't, because it is rather difficult to find a way to kill the lobster without breaking the shell, which exposes the flesh to the open water, compromising the flavor of the meat.

Fish are much easier to preserve before cooking, and therefore do not necessitate cooking while still alive.

between working on cars and being a volunteer firefighter, I've had some nice burns, and let me tell you, there is nothing about a burn that you don't feel.

I'm betting there's no real way to test this, but if you put a fish into boiling water from relatively cold water, it isn't the same as getting local burns. Although not exactly a parallel, but if you fell into a pit of lava, I'm guessing death would be instant. It's hard making parallels between fish and humans...

I'm betting there's no real way to test this, but if you put a fish into boiling water from relatively cold water, it isn't the same as getting local burns. Although not exactly a parallel, but if you fell into a pit of lava, I'm guessing death would be instant. It's hard making parallels between fish and humans...
i think i know a few people you could try it on lol

Killing fish is worse than killing people!

! ! ! ! REALLY ! ! ! so if some1 broke into ur house u would be more upset if they killed ur fish than if they killed ur children, wife,husband,mother,father, or even a guy walking down the street? ppl can have some strong beliefs but get real. yea its horrible that they showed that on tv but its all for ratings. there r some pritty sick ppl out there and what this guy did is nothin to what some ppl have done

! ! ! ! REALLY ! ! ! so if some1 broke into ur house u would be more upset if they killed ur fish than if they killed ur children, wife,husband,mother,father, or even a guy walking down the street? ppl can have some strong beliefs but get real. yea its horrible that they showed that on tv but its all for ratings. there r some pritty sick ppl out there and what this guy did is nothin to what some ppl have done

I do believe krap was being sarcastic with that comment...

This thread is hilarious!

Killing fish is worse than killing babies!

Back
Top Bottom