I.D coral???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pk86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone I'd these corals please?

Attachments

• image-193839898.jpg
    image-193839898.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 125
  • image-2078320749.jpg
    image-2078320749.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 121
Sniperhank said:
Looks like 2 unhappy acans to me.

What makes you say they are unhappy? Lights have only been on bout 10 mins

First one from the fact there are skeletons of some of the heads around the edges and some heads in the middle are brown. Second the mouths are really wide open, usually says that it is unhappy.

Sniperhank said:
First one from the fact there are skeletons of some of the heads around the edges and some heads in the middle are brown. Second the mouths are really wide open, usually says that it is unhappy.

Yeah, there was too close other coral at lfs store so got it cheap... The algae prob from being on the bottom of the tank, and the second is very happy at night always has its little stingers out... Just not too sure whether they are not both the same breed

They aren't. The first is an acan lord. The other is just an acan. You can tell if they share the same walls (like the second) when trying to tell the difference. Acanlords have heads that are separate.

Sniperhank said:
They aren't. The first is an acan lord. The other is just an acan. You can tell if they share the same walls (like the second) when trying to tell the difference. Acanlords have heads that are separate.

Okay, thanks

Just to clarify, there is no such thing as "just an acan"... the term "acan" refers to the genus Acanthastrea, and there are multiple species of corals in this genus. "Acan lord" refers to Acanthastrea lordhowensis.
Mussidae

Turns out its a favia prism and a favia

Thanks courtesy of the ai sol too, bit embarrassed about the algae! Didn't realise it showed that much

Back
Top Bottom