I did everything wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my headaches are over

I thought it might be a good idea to bring my thread to an end and don't let it hang open in the air.
My 10 gal tank is now officially cycled with:
0 ammonia
0 nitrate
1 ppm nitrite :dance:

after I removed the crowd into the new 75gal tank (remaining only two platy babies in the 10gal) the process moved forward and really quickly.

My advice for every new starter: Please don't make my mistakes. NEW TANK SYNDROM is real and ones stuck in that situation it's hard to get out. I made it through with countless wc often twice a day. All my fish survived and the final solution was a bigger tank.

My new big tank had to go through a mini cycle because we had to take all the gravel out for the transport (it was a used mature tank running till pick up).
But the readings are perfect now as well :)

I will add two pics from life before and life after. The big tanks aqua scape is in process but one thing at a time.
Tomorrow I will receive my new light system. More about it once I set it up.
Me and my fish say :thanks: to everybody for your help and support.

Attachments

• fishy 075 (800x600).jpg
    fishy 075 (800x600).jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 79
  • fishy 076 (640x480).jpg
    fishy 076 (640x480).jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 78
  • fishy 094 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
    fishy 094 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 77
awesome! I want one!!! New lights tom? Are those all real plants?
No not all real...but soon with your help:D
The only real plants in there is the tiny dwarf hair and the algae moss on top of the cave rock (I love this old looking thing).
Lights probably take another few days because it comes with regular post service. ahh who cares...they are shipped and will be here sooner or later.
I try to attach another pic. See if it works better now.fishy 092 (640x480).jpg

here again the 75 gal tank. Have finally figured out how to attach pics :cool:
fishy 094 (800x600) (640x480).jpg

Just read the whole thread in one sitting I think I need a lay down. So glad you found the patience to get through the cycle. Now what are you going to stock your new tank with ? It's looking good btw.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just read the whole thread in one sitting I think I need a lay down. So glad you found the patience to get through the cycle. Now what are you going to stock your new tank with ? It's looking good btw.

The Community is now:
6 green emerald Cory
6 Guppy
1 Angel
6 Mickey mouse Platy (and I think three girls are pregnant...so more to come :)
2 mystery snails

I am interested in molly and silver hatchetfish. maybe another different kind of Platy and one dwarf Gourami.
I am open for everything as long as it is a peaceful fish

Most of all I am interested in landscaping this nice big tank. All real plants and out with the plastic crap. There are so many beautiful things out there I just need the right inspiration. :flowers:

Can't wait for my new LED plant light system to arrive. I am so excited to find out how it will make my tank even more pretty and how bright it will be.

Here's my current community tank all plants are live and healthy. Sorry for picture quality I've only got a camera phone. The main things to get good plant growth for me are the correct light spectrum, good root fertiliser and liquid carbon dosing daily along with liquid plant fertisling daily. Oh gravel size is important too 3mm seems to work perfectly.

Attachments

• 20140225_220226.jpg
    20140225_220226.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20140225_220231.jpg
    20140225_220231.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20140225_220247.jpg
    20140225_220247.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 42
Turtle! Hello! May I recommend a nice big school if cardinal tetras or rummynose tetras or harlequins? Nothing looks better in a planted tank than a nice big colorful school of fish! Phisyfriends... Talk looks fanfishinntastic!! If were posting pics here;) my turn! 20 tall with Rammy cave! And of course Cory's doing what they do best!

image-4170435034.jpg

Attachments

• image-3865679881.jpg
    image-3865679881.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 34
  • image-1181459129.jpg
    image-1181459129.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Awesome love the ram in his/her cave great picture too. Yes I've got nine cardinals and nine rummynose they look cool in planted tanks. Some corys, apistos (pair) dwarf chain loach only 3 at the moment looking for more and half a dozen algae eating shrimp.

Guys your tanks look so nice. All the different things needed for plants (ferts and so on) sounds in the moment like Chinese to me.....but I felt the same two month ago when I learned about the nitrogen cycle which is now in flesh and blood :ROFLMAO:
I guess the same thing will happen once doing homework about aquascaping and plants. Everything is gonna be alright lalalalala:dance:

Brookster who his the pretty guy sitting in your nice new cave?

Here's my current community tank all plants are live and healthy. Sorry for picture quality I've only got a camera phone. The main things to get good plant growth for me are the correct light spectrum, good root fertiliser and liquid carbon dosing daily along with liquid plant fertisling daily. Oh gravel size is important too 3mm seems to work perfectly.

I will definitely get back to you once it's seriously planting time :fish1:

That is my male German blue ram! Very beautiful fish but require specific water parameters, I'm just barely squeaking by at the moment.. Hey fishy what kind if apisto's ? I have a m/f pair of cac's in my 29 and they're by far the most awesome pair of fish to watch during frozen bloodworm feeding time! As far as ferts go turtle.. You'll get there, I just ordered like a million bottles if stuff off amazon the other night! Now I just need to figure out how to use them haha.

Last edited:
That is my male German blue ram! Very beautiful fish but require specific water parameters, I'm just barely squeaking by at the moment.. Hey fishy what kind if apisto's ? I have a m/f pair of cac's in my 29 and they're by far the most awesome pair of fish to watch during frozen bloodworm feeding time!

apisto's ? I have a m/f pair of cac's (as I said Chinese) :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom