I did something so stupid.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ky'smommy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so i moved all my fish. well i didnt tell u about my albino cory cat.
well when it came his turn to be caught his head looked smashed in with alot of bleeding. No it wasnt my fault cause he swam in the net. SO not knowing what to do i put him in a becel container(cleanwell for fish use)
so i watched and fed him and he ate and pooped fine.
well last night his head didnt look like there was so much blood. NOT THINKING I SCOOPED HIM UP AND Through him in the main tank.
He was in the old tank water from the old house. Dont know how different the water is yet. but still didnt acclimate him.
I see no affects on him yet. i just hope i dont hurt him.
i know p.h is 0.2 lower. I think it should be the same.
I just thought i would say how stupid i was.

good luck, if he was acting normal after the net accident, i would think he should be fine. I think most fish will be ok with that minimal change in PH. Good luck

stopid

Don't be too hard on yourself. Everyone who keeps fish has an occasional, ahem, lapse of concentration. Corys are tough little guys, I bet he will be fine. You know you will never repeat that slight error, and sharing it with all of us helps us (well, me anyway lol) to remember to think before we do!! Sometimes.

Perhaps start a "bonehead thing I did to my fish" thread? lol I once got energetic and changed all the filter media and did a very thorough gravel vac. All at once. D'uh. Fortunately I realised next day what I had done and grabbed some Bio Spira on my way home from work. I managed to keep the ammonia no higher than .25. So I got lucky and no harm done. Except to my ego, which likely needed a bit of work anyway. lol

I have to agree, everyone has had some type of ermmm, mistake they have made. Learning from them makes us better aquarists. Hopefully your cory will not suffer any ill effects.

Perhaps start a "bonehead thing I did to my fish" thread?

We've had quite a number of these types of threads in the past...they are always an interesting read. Since they contained various titles, searching for them isn't easy.

Back
Top Bottom