i got a puppy!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol... yeah we take the puppy with us everywhere.. at least now while its cool enough to leave him in the car if we need to. But like when im at work and my husband is home, i will call to see how he's doing!

Oh and he learned to sit!!! Hes such a fast learner! I used treats and when he sits i give him a treat, and now i only give him a treat every once in a while when he sits... but he does it all the time. Hes such a good puppy.

He still poops inside though.. we will go outside and he will urniate and run around on the leash of course and we will walk all over the place.. he comes back in and poops, in the same place everytime. No matter how good i clean that spot. Luckily i have tile all downstairs but still its frustrating. First thing in the morning when he gets up he will poop outside no problem.. but its the rest of the day. ANd if we leave him at home in the crate and take him out when we get home he will poop outside too. ITs when we are letting him run around while we are at home that we have the problem.

I kept Sisco confined to only one room at first to deal with that, but you pretty much have to be watching him all the time. If you can get some of the kid gates or just one, from Wal-Mart, you can take it to whatever room you're in to block him in.

The best you can do other than that probably is to keep catching him in the act and tell him no and praise him when he goes outside. He's still young, right? I mean he's not 12 weeks yet? Just be patient, I know it's hard, but he'll learn.

yeah he's about 9 weeks. I thought he was 6 weeks when i got him but when i took him to the vet she said he was about 8 weeks and old enough to have his first set of shots. I know it takes time... man he is turning into such a little rascal!! Today he has been going crazy... i think he's finally feeling more like a puppy, becuase he was dewormed last friday and he gets more active with each passing day. (he will be dewormed at 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks, and 16 weeks, or something like that. Then it will go to a monthy heartworm pill (heartgard plus) that takes care of roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms in addition to heartworms)
Also... i think the parasites, and the deworming meds might mess his belly up a little.. its just frustrating.. LOL. But thanks anyway for the encouragement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom