I got an anenome today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelekun

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I got an anemone today and I was told to place it under a rock. I did that but it came out and now it is floating...I have a powerhead that moves the water and that makes it floating even more
Am I supposed to keep the powerhead off for a while until it settles down?
thanks a lot and apologies if I have missed any post that already treats this matter

Michele

Hi, I got an anemone today and I was told to place it under a rock. I did that but it came out and now it is floating...I have a powerhead that moves the water and that makes it floating even more Am I supposed to keep the powerhead off for a while until it settles down? thanks a lot and apologies if I have missed any post that already treats this matter Michele

What kind of anemone and how old is your tank? What lighting do you have? What are your tank parameters(numbers)?

If you have the correct lighting and your tank is old/stable enough(10-12 months) for an anemone, then it shouldn't have issue attaching its foot to anything even in low to medium flow.

Hi, I got an anemone today and I was told to place it under a rock. I did that but it came out and now it is floating...I have a powerhead that moves the water and that makes it floating even more Am I supposed to keep the powerhead off for a while until it settles down? thanks a lot and apologies if I have missed any post that already treats this matter Michele

How did you acclimate it? Every anemone I have had has had no problem attaching its base within an hour of my putting it in there. Yes turn your power head off until it settles.

Man just turn off any power heads and give it one hour and it will stick anywhere ...and if you put it in some place you love to keep it there it will move again and again till it find the perfect place

Back
Top Bottom