I got this 6g I want to do in salt. I am cycling with live rock and a damsel. Pet sto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I cut myself off. I want to do a pair of clowns, is the tank too small? I am very particular(anal) about water changes and parameters.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think that tank would be too small for two clowns. Maybe a 10 gallon if your lucky. 6 might be kind of small for two of them

I was afraid of that. Any suggestions for a tank this small? This will be my first salt tank and would like for the little guy to pop!

Gobys are good for smaller tanks and some come in some amazing colors and personalities! And inverts too will brighten the tank and make it really pop! Do you plan on doing corals or any sort?

I would love to have some corals! I just need to do more research while it cycles. I am so limited on space. **Bonus** wife wanted "nemos" so that means another tank!! Lol

That's the thing that works the best and will save many a heartache. Time and research. That's what everyone will tell you here. But you seem like you already have that down! Corals will really make it pop, you can make it a mini-reef like mine. And that is a great bonus there! :D

I will check your tank out! Thanks for the help!!!!

A 20g tank is about the minimum for a pair of clowns. For a 6g I would suggest an invert tank as it's a bit too small for fish. However, some shrimp are far more awesome than any fish. Check this video out I took of a skunk cleaner I used to have :)

Clown gobies or other tiny gobies would be ok for this size tank. You dont wanna a swimmy type fish though as the tank is quite small. But the perching type of fish will do fine fine in there. I would get one fish and then load up on inverts and coral. lol
Being a small tank has limitations but it also can be an awesome display!

Thanks all! Water tested out a ok today! Got a mushroom, polyp, couple of shrimp, couple of crabs and a yellow dwarf gobie. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408479655.526243.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408479692.367209.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408479724.916098.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408479742.760592.jpg

IMHO there is absolutely no way your tank cycled is a week. Especially considering the first picture you posted shows a single 6# or 8# rock. Something is fishy here.

There was a damsil in there too :). I had the lfs guy check it Friday(not ready but close) and today (good to go). I wasn't planning on it being ready today, I had a pleco I was taking him and wanted to test my 65g salt water and figured I would take the nano water w me. He said both tanks were fine but wouldn't sell me anything for the 65 since it was recently moved but said the 6 was good to go. I trust him, he is in it for long term $$ not short term hehehe

I got this 6g I want to do in salt. I am cycling with live rock and a damsel....

So you have a damsel and watchman goby in a 6 gallon?

Edit: and did they tell you your levels or just say "ok". And you should have invested in a quality test kit before corals, you have no way of knowing what's going on in your tank with out one.

Damsel is going back to the pet store tomorrow. He gave it to me to cycle the tank. Last weekend he said no way, showed me on the chart and said I still had at least a week or two. Tuesday he said and showed me on the chart that is was on the money. I am getting a testing kit tomorrow also.

Back
Top Bottom