I got this 6g I want to do in salt. I am cycling with live rock and a damsel. Pet sto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can have a nice ornamental shrimp and a very small occelaris clownfish!! On it's own OFCOURSE and that would ONLY be ok if you plan on upgrading to a larger tank in the next year or so!!! Clownfish have a slow growth rate when kept alone and will not get bigger than 1 and a half inches!!
Occelaris clowns get to 3". Only males stay that small.

Neither males or females stay that small, and a clown is way to big for a 6 gallon

this may sound strange but trust me it's not

if you get 2 clowns when first born from 2 different jeans of same type and pair them up
yes the male will remain small while female grows
with my pair the male is less than a inch in size and female is almost 6 inch
they are about 3 years old now
now for the strange part
if I were to separate them and keep them separate the male would grow just as big as the female as single fish always take on the female gender
now if the male would stay the size mine is I would say yes but as soon as they split up boom the change begins
nothing smaller than a 20g for clowns some size charts still say 10g but those have not been updated but most have on the more trusted sites
strange but true

Ok the 1 inch is probably wrong I have had my clownfish in a 20 gallon for 1 year and hasn't grown bigger than 1 and a half inches!! But I said temporally if you plan on uprgrading in a year

each species of clowns have different grow rates some grow slow some grow fast
some grow up to 3 inch some grow to 6/8 inch
just like some are very active some are not
some are very aggressive some are not
there like the human race no 2 have the same personality
i keep mine in a 90g they swim the whole tank some keep them in smaller tanks and they dont swim around much they get lazy when they cant swim around
on average clowns that live in small tanks only live about 5 years clowns in larger tanks can live 15+ years
you can tell if there happy or sad they do have mood swings

Back
Top Bottom