I hate walking away from fish at stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chiroptera

Aquarium Advice Freak
Fell in love with this gorgeous angel, but because I can't upgrade until the end of summer, I had to get dragged away. I was pretty heartbroken, as ridiculous as that sounds.

This little one was marked 4.99. So gorgeous, so cheap, I almost made a amazing but bad impulse buy.

Does anyone else have that issue?

Attachments

• image-92736635.jpg
    image-92736635.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 106
  • image-220373077.jpg
    image-220373077.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 134
Every time I see rummynose 3 for $8 .. Which around here's a steal? I have the room, but as u don't have a proper tank for QT... I'd probably end up losing them and with my luck infecting my main tank with ick.

jcolon said:
Every time I see rummynose 3 for $8 .. Which around here's a steal? I have the room, but as u don't have a proper tank for QT... I'd probably end up losing them and with my luck infecting my main tank with ick.

Rummy noses are nice. I'm waiting on my 55g grow-out tank, so I mean a quarter sized fish in my tank now wouldn't be bad, but I hear Angels grow super fast, and it's not fair to my hatchetfish to get another top-ish fish. :/

I constantly have to walk away from impulse buying. Like today I was eyeballing endlers to go in my 55 but I had to hold back as if I came out with more then my daughters Betta I'd get axed

I was at a store that has adult blue smokey angels for $10! I had no room for one. I almost cried walking out of that store lol

Every time I see nice bettas I want to get one but I'm afraid they would die.

Every time I walk into a fish shop I take a look around, see which ones I like , write them down, research them, look into buying another tank, then putting them in my up and running one, then I try and buy them their own tank. I just found a pair of GBR which in November will hopefully be removed into another community tank I can get my hands on lol.

I have the same problem. I have gotten better about not buying on impulse but I still have a hard time leaving a beautiful fish in the store because I always think what if some one buys this beautiful fishy that doesn't know anything about them and the sales associate gives bad information as I have heard given before and the little fishy dies.
That's how I have ended up with 8 tanks and I am always planning a new set up.

Yeah my Lfs has loads of fish available . Only problem is where I live no shop sells their own tanks. All tanks are designer so they cost a fortune. A 30 gallon cost £329 . That's without decor,substrate , fish and plants

Samzter said:
Yeah my Lfs has loads of fish available . Only problem is where I live no shop sells their own tanks. All tanks are designer so they cost a fortune. A 30 gallon cost £329 . That's without decor,substrate , fish and plants

Oh wow! If tanks were that expensive here I would never have been able to get my first one!

Samzter said:
How much are they where you are then?

I got my 60 gallon new with stand, hoods, lights, filter and substrate for around $335.00.
I also bought a used 29 gallon with everything even the substrate and decorations for $100.

Chiroptera said:
Fell in love with this gorgeous angel, but because I can't upgrade until the end of summer, I had to get dragged away. I was pretty heartbroken, as ridiculous as that sounds.

This little one was marked 4.99. So gorgeous, so cheap, I almost made a amazing but bad impulse buy.

Does anyone else have that issue?

That's a pretty angel I want him!

That's how I got my betta, I just couldn't leave him behind. Fortunately I still had lots of space in my tank. I am currently restraining myself from buying a pair of GBRs. They are approx. $4 each, and I really like how they look but don't think my other fish would like them, and my 15 gallon section is close to fully stocked with my harlequin school and my ricefish. Every time I go in I go watch them, there are a lot fewer than there were just a week ago.

If you're the kind of person who can't help themselves with impulse purchases, then learn to not put yourself in that position. The safest thing you can do for your existing fish is to walk away.

I'd been debating about a betta or a gourami as my one bigger fish to go with my harlequins. Pyro just helped me make up my mind :D I CAN restrain myself if I know I don't have space/proper conditions. I was right to grab him when I saw him. A week later and all the bettas he came with were gone. However, if I hadn't had room for him, he would have stayed behind.
I also managed not to buy the congo tetras, even though they are gorgeous, because again, too big for my tank.

Back
Top Bottom