I have a 55g with a coral beauty angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nic16510

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55g with a coral beauty angel. We moved it across the room about 4 feet last night....very carefully! Now my Angel is acting funny and I'm worried we are going to lose her. Should I be prepared for the worst?

What is acting funny mean? What are your levels? Did you disturb any rock in your tank? Might have released stuff out of your sandbed or stirred up the buildup around your LR.

Nevermind....shortly after that post I lost her :-( Our levels are almost perfect...it was a little cloudy last night nut cleared up beautifully shortly after we got the tank settled in its new spot. Repeated it this morning and everything was dine except the salt was a little higher then we normally keep it. Not having any other issues out of the other fish though. Thank god because I do believe I wouldn't be able to handle it!

Also if you don't have critters that stir up the sandbed, toxic gasses can build up which could have been released. That is, if you don't have any digging critters.

Sorry to chime in here. But what kind of digging critters will be helpfull? And what things eat mostly detritus?

To be quite honest, I'm not sure for a Saltwater tank. But the same thing can be achieved by stirring the sand with a skewer. The only problem with that is, you could cause a little water cloudiness or kick sand up into your filter, potentially harming the impeller. I know that snails can burrow in the sand and clean it, and I believe some wrasse species burrow into the sand to sleep? But I'm not sure. I'm sure someone else will chime in here. You could even Google it

But like I said, if the sand never gets moved, toxic gasses will build up. Then if it does get stirred up somehow, they will be released.

EriksFish315 said:
Sorry to chime in here. But what kind of digging critters will be helpfull? And what things eat mostly detritus?

Nassarius snails fit this bill very well - they are detritus eaters and live under the sand and stir it up all the time. Great addition to any CUC

Back
Top Bottom