I have an idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a new idea! Currently I have a 40 breeder with 3 firebelly toads and about 15 endlers(they keep multiplying!) I siliconed a divider in and have a piece of driftwood in front
33448a8a5383d7224a196f339855736b.jpg

Don't mind the light. I changed it!

So, I don't have much vertical space in the land area for plants. I'm thinking of upgrading to a 65 gallon!
My idea is to put maybe a 10 gallon tank inside the tank to make a "removable" totally separate land area so there's no need to worry about silicone. This way there will be water on the sides instead of seeing silicone and dirt like I do now.
I'm thinking of making a waterfall on both sides of the land area.

Has anyone done this? Stupid? Any better ideas?

Sounds pretty cool to me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, I am not as artistic as I would like! I can't seem to create what's in my mind.
So...... I think I'm going to do what I did in my current tank. Silicone a divider and make a waterfall out of real rocks!
Since this will be holding more water should I use glass or acrylic for the divider?

So I've taken my piece of driftwood from old tank and I'm thinking about this diagonal layout. I have a reptofilter 125gph, but it leaves me very little room to make a rock waterfall around it. Do you think a 90gph reptofilter would be sufficient? That would only give me an extra inch..... Or should I trim back the top piece of wood? I have the 125gph in possible spot
599755305a2ce12f38cb1eebc140ca0b.jpg

Does this look terrible? I'm thinking of raising it a few inches and hopefully I can get moss or something to grow on it
8d9b80f416088608990a929c34d6b711.jpg

Better than the fake filter?
cd3145e2e084f08cb4d03b4078cdc227.jpg

I have to fill in a couple spots. My reptofilter is in the rocks and I have room to hide the heater in there

This is looking great. Nice job.
Cool looking frog too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys! I'm trying not to rush it so it turns out better!
The frog is sitting on a pilea Aqua. It really spreads and hangs nicely

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the background. I'd need something thin, don't want to waste space.
Or should I just leave it glass? I'm thinking I'm going to paint back of tank black

It is possible to get dark/black film. The biggest complaint I've seen for painting is down the road when someone wants to go with another look.

Acetone removes paint a treat and rinses off cleanly if you'd rather go with paint. You can get cans of it from a hardware store, or raid someone's nail polish remover. I really don't recommend nail polish remover, there's additives but it does in a pinch.

I used automotive window tint on my tank. You can get anything from 35% vlt to 5% vlt at any Wal-Mart or autozone for about $10-15. Easy to apply, easy to remove and the Smokey glass is a nice look.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

That looks really good. Can we get a top down shot? Id love to see what it looks like looking down into it.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom