I Have Puffs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you sure those puffers belong in freshwater? I have heard many MANY people say brackish with the exception of pea puffers in freshwater. Anyone care to discuss?

Sure. These live their entire lives in FW, like several other species. The "problem" with puffers in the hobby is that true FW puffers are not easy to find and the brackish ones that are far more common give the illusion of being FW because they are find as juveniles.

Although we are very much still in a period of transition with the fishroom and I have no business bringing home more fish, I couldn't resist these avocado puffers (Auroglobius modestus). We're feeding them pond snails and frozen mysis, and will soon try fresh seafood. I named them Thing 1 and Thing 2. :D. ]

Very cool pick up, they are seldomly seen around here.

Nice puffers. Have you ever kept amazon puffers

I'm curious to find out why you refer to them as "amazon puffers" as they're not native to that region?

Last edited:
I've seen figure of eight puffers in the fish ship and it says they have to be kept in single species tanks but they're still really cool

Just love puffers, was looking at some golden dwarfs today. But I would love to have an avocado puffer. I pick avocados seasonally on my grandparents farm, and I love avocado.

Good luck with your puffers=)

Thanks all!

I don't know if I have posted these before or not, but here are a couple of phone pics.
img_2676673_0_3971a1a296c6baa35fdc4892c81dc22f.jpg

img_2676673_1_237821b3ba07c2ccfc34353264a89411.jpg

*edit* wow, horrible quality images thanks to Photobucket! These look better on the phone :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom