I have the most awesome wife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DWLongfellow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So, I come home tonight after work and my beautiful wife is sitting in the driveway with a cocktail for me and a suprise. In the back of her car is my fathers day present. A 60 gallon tank, stand and hood. Wow! Life is good. I have been online over the last couple months planning on up grading to a bigger tank for my beloved angels. I tend to over think things and have been agonizing over what to do and how to do it. Well, she solved some problems for me today. Now the easy part. I have to set it all up and stock it. I went on Ebay to see about getting some awesome angels to add and it just so happens that there are several breeders within a 15 mile radius of my house. She likes Mollies so I'm sure to get some and I think a school of some cool tetra's and of course I'll need a couple more cory's to keep things need and tidy. I can get a Fulval C4 for around $35 bucks and some more sand from home depot. Good to go. Awesome Wife Awesome tank. If anybody has any cool ideas please toss them my way. Thanks FINS-UP

So, I come home tonight after work and my beautiful wife is sitting in the driveway with a cocktail for me and a suprise. In the back of her car is my fathers day present. A 60 gallon tank, stand and hood. Wow! Life is good. I have been online over the last couple months planning on up grading to a bigger tank for my beloved angels. I tend to over think things and have been agonizing over what to do and how to do it. Well, she solved some problems for me today. Now the easy part. I have to set it all up and stock it. I went on Ebay to see about getting some awesome angels to add and it just so happens that there are several breeders within a 15 mile radius of my house. She likes Mollies so I'm sure to get some and I think a school of some cool tetra's and of course I'll need a couple more cory's to keep things need and tidy. I can get a Fulval C4 for around $35 bucks and some more sand from home depot. Good to go. Awesome Wife Awesome tank. If anybody has any cool ideas please toss them my way. Thanks FINS-UP
That´s quite a father´s day gift...!
You should treasure her... :BIG:

Congratulations my friend, Gourami fish are pretty, the filtration depends on how many fish u want and how much waste it will produce. Remember to cycle the tank as the first priority.
Some snails to help keep algae away wpuld be a help for you hahaha, good luck man

Update

Man, I love this new tank. I did get the pool filter sand from Home Depot. Quickcrete 50lbs for like $9 bucks. I washed it out what I thought was pretty good in a 5 gallon bucket but it was still a bit cloudy. The Fluval C4 got that fixed overnight. That is just the coolest filter. I ran it for a few days in the old tank and was able to add the media from the old tank in the compartment thats for charcoal. I also had put much of the sand from the old tank into the new one. The pool sand is a little darker than I had hoped but I can live with it. I wanted it to be like the sand on Panama City Beach!!! I also dumped that Tetra quick cycle in for good measure. I've added some Mollies and have been checking all the parameters with the API master test kit. Things are looking pretty good. Ammonia and nitriles are 0 and nitrates are 20ppm. I'll do a partial change tonight and soon I hope to add my Angels and go fish shopping! My wife really did a great job this Fathers Day. She is a Keeper!!

Back
Top Bottom