I just found two dead baby fish (goldfish) in my pond.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mismis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I thave small pond in my yard with two black moors, two calico goldfish and one fancytail goldfish. This morning I found my smaller moor and two babies floating. I am not sure where the babies came from and why the moor died. I don't think they were live births they seem too large for that, but at the same time I haven't seen any little things swimming around. Can anyone give me some ideas as to what happened.:confused:

Water temperature too high? What are the readings of your water tests?

So sorry to hear of your loss. Have you tested the water lately? Post the readings of your Ammonia, Nitrates and Nitrites, and anything else like temperature, along with the schedule of maintenance you perform on the pond, and I'm sure someone will be able to help identify the problem.

hmm ok we have a good sized pond out back and every spring afterthe water thaws (snow country) we seem to have at least one or two new fish we do sometimes lose some of the goldfish over winter as well. We have noticed from our fish that we can sometimes notice a fish or two as little little babies around aug or sept there is alot of plant cover atthat time of year and we may only seethem once or twice then come spring thaw we can see them and they are about as long as our pinkies (koi are longer than my forearm mature gold fish as long as my hand) we have had this pond running for about 7 1/2 years. Now gold fish and koi too will breed if there is enough room to allow more fish as well as growingto fit the size of the home they live in once they reach X size they will continue to grow but more slowly.

Back
Top Bottom