I just got a 94 gallon tank, looking for perfect fish combos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

einhaus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey Guys,

I am somewhat a newbie with big salt water tanks, but I got a 94 gallon corner tank anways.

I am looking to plan an ideal array of impressive and exotic fish that will live together and play nice.

I want to have at least 1 or 2 really big impressive fish, and then maybe a bunch of awesome looking smaller fish, but I am afraid of conflict. What big fish can I put with other fish? Whats a really cool centerpiece sea creature I can have in my tank?

Any suggestions on fish arrays I should have in my tank would be much obliged.

-Brian

Fish only or reef too? It'll make a huge difference in what kind of fish folks'll advise you on. I tend to like the combination since I can get kool korals to go along with the awesome looking fish and crustaceans.

So, back to my question...

And most of all, welcome to AA. (y)

You got choices of angels. Everyone seems to love those. Try a watchman goby and a pistol shrimp - just make sure the rocks are firmly on the bottom and won't topple when the pistol shrimp does his burrowing thing. Orchid dottyback, neon (cleaner) gobies, farm raised clowns, royal grammas, tangs, and wrasses, and on and on. Plenty to choose from for each. Check out liveaquaria.com to see some pics, space requirements, and a compatability chart. I think their chart is pretty easy to use and the write-up on each fish, along w/pics will help you decide. Crustaceans are nice to have also, but may limit the types of fishies you can get.

Why faux reef? There's some pretty easy stuff out there, but more rock would be needed than just for fish only. Limited lighting budget?

Got a QT tank too? While stocking, you shouldn't do without one.

Thanks for the great suggestions, and that site is the best I have seen yet!

I do have a small QT tank I am going to setup.

I decided to go fish only because the quotes I got for the same tank reef ready were about $1000 higher!

I think I can be satisifed as long as I have a nice looking setup and some impressive fish.

Do you have anything in mind? Give us a list and we can help guide you better.

Yeah give us what you have in mind? Are you looking for a peacful Fish only, semi-aggressive, or aggressive fish only, cause if i had a 94 gal. tank i probably try to do a lionfish, eel, puffer combo. Or go with Angels and some Triggers.

It all depends on how aggressive you want the tank to be.

P.S. welcome to Aquarium Advice. and good luck

The lion, eel & puffer combo is intriguing, but that would eliminate all inverts, and cleanup stuff right? I could basically have those 3 fish and thats all? I am definitely infatuated with the lionfish, but I want to be able to have some other little creatures like snails, shrimp, starfish, etc.

You have a few options with a 94.For some ideas,another site could be MarineDepotLive.It depends on aggression.If you want to go non-aggressive,then you go maybe with a clownfish-Wrasse-Butterfly combo.If you want to go Semi-aggressive,Then you could go big with a Trigger-Angel-Puffer combo.If you wanted to go aggressive,then you could do some other kind of Trigger-Tang combo.

Angels are nice... I love the Scotts fairy wrasse male great center piece and dose not get large...They are jumpers so you will need a top canopy.
I have a Naso that is my big fish with a scopus tang and atlantic blue tang.
mated pair GSM clowns, Green blue chromis are nice small schooling fish get odd number of these. I have a pygmy rusty angel very cool little guy.
When the tank is mature and you have pods everyone loves the mandarins.....
Fire fish are another nice small fish with nice colors...
Just get a good book and read about the fish you want before you buy. I take the book to the LFS with me so I don't bring home a fish that is not good for my reef.
I have the marine fishes book by Scott w. Michael.... Great book.

Back
Top Bottom