I know its probably a bad idea but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I have a 36G with a Dwarf neon blue gourami and 5 black neon tetras and going to have about 5-7 khuli loaches. Is there anyway I can put pictus cats in here?

Sorry i dont know the answer but please share with me where you get your kuhli loaches when you do and how they fare the first couple weeks. ( heard that alot of them tend to die the first few weeks for some reason ) Im looking to get about 15 of them for my tank as well :D

I think it's a bad idea because the PC will need more room to swim and your kuhlis and tetras will probably become cat snacks

What if I took out the tetras and loaches? I was thinking the khulis would be more active but they just hide all the time... I have another tank the tetras can go in.

Ya I did just put them in yesterday. I got up this morning and they were cuddled up against the heater... Tank temp ranges from 76-78. Also my dwarf gourami just sits at the surface in the corner facing the glass. I donno why... Sometimes I will see him in my plant but most of the time he is tucked up in that corner. Any idea why?

A pictus cat would fit, but your neons would be snacks. My khulis swim all over my pictus and he doesn't bother them.

Khulis are weird. My black khulis rarely come out during the day and are very skittish when they do. My striped khulis rarely hide and have absolutely no fear. They swim all over my two 8"+ catfish. They love to perch in the watersprite and just sit.

I donno what watersprite means lol. I heard the pictus like to be in groups...

Watersprite is a plant and i would not do it. Your kuhli loaches and tetras would be a snack. And i am not sure but your Dwarf gouromi might be a snack as well eventually. Besides, i think a 36g is too small. So i would say it is a bad idea.

Oh ok. Well what else can I put in there that is a really active fish like the pictus? I dont want any plain looking fish.

Ya, if you have some plants then you could do some sort of dwarf cichlid. One of my favirote odd balls for a community tank is a school of hatchet fish, they will stay at the top though. Another 1 that's cool but not very active is a ghost catfish. I would probably go with some Cory cats too. Some scarlet badis would probably go well too.

I was thinking about the corys but they dont seem very active either. I just love the way the pictus are always swimming around looking for stuff.

When I see them at the lfs they just sit there lol I guess cause they are at the lfs lol

Ya, they are VERY active. Like fishboy said th emore you have the more active they will be. If you have tunnels and plants and all sorts of things for them to explore in so they never get bored it is like a giant circus.

*EDIT*
Yes, they do great with kuhli loaches

Back
Top Bottom