I need a fish thats a maid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but look for a large Pleco (sucker fish) to help keep the tank walls and stuff cleaner.

Fair enough. I see your point but maybe you could use a Turkey baster to suck food particles back out. Just an idea. It'd be easier than vaccuming after each meal.

This idea I tried and while it's a good idea it really doesn't do the job because the triks my Oscar does with food just blows me away. He some how turns the good into a 1000 tiny prices. Maybe I should put a big power head in the tank to move water around better an maybe it would keep the foo suspended long enough I filter it out. I just didn't want to buy more power heads.

A power head isn't a bad idea. I use one in my 75 gallon African tank so help keep debris off the sand and let it make it to 1 of 2 filters.

Well I have large 10" Pleco but he can't be in the same tank. I wouldn't want him to have to alway be I the light and there's 0 algae in the tank because it's been set up for over a year and never has phosphates or nitrates in it. At least not enough to creat algae so a Pleco would serve no purpos. Also I believe that all Pleco should have drift wood in the tank because they love to chew on it. After seeing the difference in mine once I added drift wood to the tank I will never let him be without it again.

Back
Top Bottom