i need advice now!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00steppie00

Aquarium Advice Activist
My air conditioning broke and no one will be out for two more days to fix it, but my tank is getting to hot and my fish are starting to die, how can I cool it down without shocking them?

My air conditioning broke and no one will be out for two more days to fix it, but my tank is getting to hot and my fish are starting to die, how can I cool it down without shocking them?

I'd suggest what he said but instead use bottled water. I used coke one time and it leaked into the tank and I had to do a 100% water change and some of my fish almost died.

I'd suggest what he said but instead use bottled water. I used coke one time and it leaked into the tank and I had to do a 100% water change and some of my fish almost died.

you being facetious? :lol: i think he probably meant 2liter bottles filled with water/ice.

you being facetious? :lol: i think he probably meant 2liter bottles filled with water/ice.

No I'm not. Somebody told me to do that with coke when the same problem arised with me and I used coke. I was just warning her/him to use bottled water not coke...

I use the 20oz bottles for my tank. Also, you can remove the lid and aim a fan at the water. It will also help cool down your tank. What is the temp of your tank now?

Did they specifically say to use coke in the bottles or did they just say "coke bottles"

I use the 20oz bottles for my tank. Also, you can remove the lid and aim a fan at the water. It will also help cool down your tank. What is the temp of your tank now?

Did they specifically say to use coke in the bottles or did they just say "coke bottles"

They said use coke. But it doesn't matter anymore.

Back
Top Bottom