I need opinions QUICK!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Now that I've settled on a stock for my 55g which is 5 labs and 5 red shoulder peacocks... I called LFS to put my order in and got a surprise. The only red shoulders they have are a pair. The lady said they would charge $40 for the pair. All that will be in the tank will be 5 other yellow labs and the red shoulders. Do you guys think I should go with the pair or find an alternative blue fish? I have to let her know in about 2 1/2 hours! Thanks everyone!

With there only being 5 other labs in the tank would you think the chances of fry surviving would be pretty good?

With there only being 5 other labs in the tank would you think the chances of fry surviving would be pretty good?

If you want the fry to survive then I recommend only keeping a single pair in a tank. It really comes down to do you want to breed the fish or maintain a nice looking display tank? It's pretty difficult to accomplish both in the same tank.

If you want the fry to survive then I recommend only keeping a single pair in a tank. It really comes down to do you want to breed the fish or maintain a nice looking display tank? It's pretty difficult to accomplish both in the same tank.

Display more Than breeding but I wouldn't be disappointed if they had fry and they survived

So I didn't get around to ordering the fish. I had a friend call at last minute needing help and I got busy and didn't get to call back until after 2 :( I went around to other pet stores nearby and where I had to take my friend, but found nothing at other stores. Guess that's a sign I should get the pair after finding nothing in 4 different stores.

So I didn't get around to ordering the fish. I had a friend call at last minute needing help and I got busy and didn't get to call back until after 2 :( I went around to other pet stores nearby and where I had to take my friend, but found nothing at other stores. Guess that's a sign I should get the pair after finding nothing in 4 different stores.

Shouldn't?

Back
Top Bottom