i need some advice about sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to essortment.com under caring for home aquarium pet sharks it tells u wat u should look for before u buy 1 and a list of shark and some that look like shark but they're not and stuff like that check it out it ever got Ur fish on there but I went to an other site that the biggest they seen was a 18" but ill look harder lol thank that's y I'm here

I read more on the iridescent shark it said when kept in a home aquarium it stunt there growth and the end up dieing of puncherd organ that's miss up I'm glade I read more on it pore fish thanks again

No that was in the past bfore I had kids now I want to get some thing that don't grown no bigger then 12" I dnt have a tank yet but I got the money to buy every thing I need I just ask for yalls opinions about which 1 I should get now I thinking about getting either a bala shark or a red tail shark

I saw actual sharks in a 13000g public aquarium and it still looked way to cramped for them. They just swam in one big circle all day. It didn't look right.

It is so hard reading your posts Grimreaper i am not trying to be rude but i cant really understand some of your post because of the lanugage your using,
Anyway, get 300gal tank then you can have alot of red tail sharks well a lot means 4

I'm still curious as to wether this is a freshwater or saltwater tank you're talking about. If it's saltwater, you really need to move on from the shark idea... If it's freshwater, a rainbow shark can be ok in a 55 gallon, and can be pretty peaceful. And your language is confusing me. If your phone is messing you up, edit your post so that it doesn't look like Latin!!!

It is so hard reading your posts Grimreaper i am not trying to be rude but i cant really understand some of your post because of the lanugage your using,
Anyway, get 300gal tank then you can have alot of red tail sharks well a lot means 4

I agree w/ you about his posts being difficult to read, but isn't he from Houston? :biglol: Just teasing, Grimreaper.

Unfortunately, Red Tails, (along w/ Rainbows), are not compatible w/ their own kind or each other. For instance... RT & RT, Rainbow & Rainbow, and RT & Rainbow shouldn't be housed together. So you only have the choice of 1 or the other.

At least that's what I found out by researching them. I have known people that have housed them w/ very little incident, and others that had problems that ended badly. So, who knows.

I had a Bala w/ my RT, and for the mostpart they did "ok" together for 6 mo's or so. But the RT was a little rough w/ the Bala. The Bala btw recently passed and I did suspect my RT was the reason for her death. However, I was battling Ich at the time, so it could have been a mixture of the two.

Also, yes, I know I was bad for getting the Bala and putting her in a 55 gallon. :rolleyes: That was before I learned how large they can get, (n00b mistake). However, she was extremely happy in the tank and before she was too big, I was going to arrange for the local zoo to take her. I really miss that fish. :(

Best of luck to you, Grimreaper! Just remember to research, research, research! There are a lot of nice people on here to help guide you! :D

Back
Top Bottom