i need some advice on sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do you guys think walmart would have it? lol

Home Depot has it, but I had to ask an employee where it was because it wasn't where you'd think it would be. I paid about $6 for a 50 pound bag and it is a nice natural light beige color. I haven't made the switch yet, and after reading this thread I'm wondering if I want the black blasting sand instead. :confused:decisions decisions??

I am done. I also changed the light bulbs because one accidentally broke in the process of changing my substrate... I increased the light by about 400%... lol pictures to come

I love it! And you remembered before and after pictures. That is something I never remember to do. Zero cloudiness!

skiweeangel said:
I love it! And you remembered before and after pictures. That is something I never remember to do. Zero cloudiness!

Thanks! :) it looks a little cloudy from the lights...lol. I am going to put plants in it soon.

I just switched over to sand with my new tank... Ive been a gravel guy my whole life. A few observations
* Sand is waaaayyyy cheaper than gravel!! ($3.68/50lb bag @ Home Depot!)
* The fish seem to like it a lot more, especially my cory's
* I think the sand might've already killed an impeller on one of my HOB filters...lol.
* I really like the more natural look

To all of those considering sand but afraid to take the plunge, DO IT! Theres nothing to it, really.

Back
Top Bottom