I say bloat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
My cousin posted a picture of his cichlids. I think he is over feeding causing bloat. He said he feeds 2x a day in the AM and PM. Here's a pic.. What's the verdict?

Attachments

• image-2781841043.jpg
    image-2781841043.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 97
My cousin posted a picture of his cichlids. I think he is over feeding causing bloat. He said he feeds 2x a day in the AM and PM. Here's a pic.. What's the verdict?

That is bloat. Only feed once a day and a small amount. To help get rid of the bloat, feed some peas with out the skin on and fast them for 2 days

If the fish is eating it's simply overfed, a fish suffering from Bloat in that stage would not be eating, acting lethargic, and reclusive.

Last edited:
If the fish is eating it's simply overfed, a fish suffering from Bloat in that stage with not be eating, acting lethargic, and reclusive.

Yes. And having trouble passing feces.

I agree with both... Also just to add HUKIT is very knowledgable so... I'd listen and ask advice if you want. He's helped me get through a few issues. Not saying other members aren't a great help.

You get the point.

That being said. I had a fish with bloat and like mentioned it didn't eat, was very lethargic, stayed in one spot and eventually just started to bounce around with the flow in the tank. I was finally able to net her and QT but it was too late.

If its eating, swimming, acting or appearing hungry I'd say no to bloat. I'm sure I'll be corrected if anything I stated is incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom