I think I'm complete!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGeeze

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I think I finally completed my stocking in my tank. I picked up 7 little Kuhli loaches last night, very little!! Luckily my current stock is also small or they would have become an expensive snack lol. Currently in my 46 gallon I have:

5 green tiger barbs
5 regular tiger barbs
1 albino male kribensis
1 spotted bull dog pleco
7 kuhli loaches

Does that make me fully stocked? All fish are barely 2 inches right now, got them young! I couldn't think of much more to add, any suggestions? I'm gonna post some pics shortly!

Looks great! Maybe a dwarf gourami or something, but you are pretty much stocked. Good luck!

Hmm maybe I will look into a dwarf gourami... Idk how my barbs will like that though. I was considering a female krib but don't want them to beat everybody in my tank up ya know.

I like some catfish too but I'm afraid they get too big and like to eat at night.... Bad idea lol. It's ok I'm happy with my current stocking, just wish my pleco would come out more hes always hiding!

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Dwarf gourami and barbs will be fine together, I wouldn't worry about that. I think you should go for the gourami as the barbs are really active and will upset a pair of kribs trying to spawn. All of this I speak from experience. My barbs and gourami have never had problems but the kribs like a less active tank, my male hid all the time and eventually passed away but my female is still going, so happy tank.

Nomadu571 said:
Dwarf gourami and barbs will be fine together, I wouldn't worry about that. I think you should go for the gourami as the barbs are really active and will upset a pair of kribs trying to spawn. All of this I speak from experience. My barbs and gourami have never had problems but the kribs like a less active tank, my male hid all the time and eventually passed away but my female is still going, so happy tank.

Ok great, I'm going to look into the dwarf gourami. Surprisingly, my krib is out and about all the time. At first the barbs were very aggressive towards him but after a couple days he showed them! During feeding time he doesn't let them come down to the bottom of the tank.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hi guys, I'm doing some quick research and many of the things I see say that a dwarf gourami shouldn't be kept with tiger barbs because it can get picked on. I have 10 barbs so I have a decent size school. But can the gourami keep up with them? They have some long fins and I'm afraid they might get nipped.

Mine have always been the more aggressive so the barbs have never been able to pick on them, they just ignore eachother, always have. Dwarf gourami don't have particularly long fins, compared to a Betta for example they have short fins so nipping I really don't think would be an issue. The gouarmi are definitely less active than barbs but IMO I think they would mostly ignore one another.

Nomadu571 said:
Mine have always been the more aggressive so the barbs have never been able to pick on them, they just ignore eachother, always have. Dwarf gourami don't have particularly long fins, compared to a Betta for example they have short fins so nipping I really don't think would be an issue. The gouarmi are definitely less active than barbs but IMO I think they would mostly ignore one another.

Ok I'm going to check out what my LFS has and maybe pick one up. Hopefully it works out. I did want another solo fish that was viewable during the day so my krib wasn't the only one not a tiger barb lol. He kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. Thanks for the advice!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom