I think my betta has dropsy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh goodness! I used to help my dad name his cars lol!

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who names cars. I think they are very personable! The head lights look like eyes and the grid in front looks like a mouth! The rear view mirrors are the ears!

NatureFish
????

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who names cars. I think they are very personable! The head lights look like eyes and the grid in front looks like a mouth! The rear view mirrors are the ears!

NatureFish
????

I'm totally naming my first car Anubis!

They should be named Zippy 1-7 LOL

They are so fast. We weren't naming them originally since they look all the same (although they are slightly varying in size some of them)... but they're very cute. So adorable.

LOL I like it! And yay! Violet is a nice name for a lovely lady fish :)

LOL I like it! And yay! Violet is a nice name for a lovely lady fish :)

:D I think they have all been called Loner Fish at one point or another (mostly by me) since there is usually one off by him/herself away from the rest. LOL.

And it is. She kind of looks like a violet to me. Darnit now I want to name her that. Shhhhh stop making me name her!!!!!! :p

:D I think they have all been called Loner Fish at one point or another (mostly by me) since there is usually one off by him/herself away from the rest. LOL.

And it is. She kind of looks like a violet to me. Darnit now I want to name her that. Shhhhh stop making me name her!!!!!! :p

Who me? Never! :whistle:

Violet is a good name for a female betta. They look like violets even if they aren't the color violet. Violet seems like a very petit little name for a petit little betta.

NatureFish
????

Violet is a good name for a female betta. They look like violets even if they aren't the color violet. Violet seems like a very petit little name for a petit little betta.

NatureFish
????

I know :D I've always wanted a female, but then some handsome male catches my eye and I come home with the male lol

The pale female bettas with weird splashes of subtle color and black eyes are the ones I stay away from. They just don't look as good as one with bright and constant colors. Lol I feel like a betta critic!

NatureFish
????

The pale female bettas with weird splashes of subtle color and black eyes are the ones I stay away from. They just don't look as good as one with bright and constant colors. Lol I feel like a betta critic!

NatureFish
????

I always worry that they're sick! Also, they're kinda spooky too. I like my bettas to be brightly and consistently colored! There are betta shows...perhaps you can be a judge :D

She's very cute :) I feel bad that she keeps tipping in the tank! and I keep trying to change her cup water so its fresh (twice a day so far, and it stresses her out pouring the water in :() but then it tips so the fresh water was for naught. She will be in the 5g soon enough.

I'm confused...where is she? In a cup? She can't be in there for too long...when is she going into a real tank?

NatureFish
????

She's very cute :) I feel bad that she keeps tipping in the tank! and I keep trying to change her cup water so its fresh (twice a day so far, and it stresses her out pouring the water in :() but then it tips so the fresh water was for naught. She will be in the 5g soon enough.

Try floating her in a sandwich bag. It's a lot easier on the bettas. Plus, I've found that it allows the fish to temperature acclimate better in a bag vs the cup.

Has anyone bothered to look at the "rank" of any members? I always find it funny! What's the highest rank I wonder? I'm a Aquarium Advice FiNatic.

NatureFish
????

How would I change water in it? Also these ones leak a bit.

She'll go in the tank Monday hopefully!

I just tested the water in the 10g.
Two days ago we dosed it with a 1/2tsp ammonia, which got it to 1ppm. I know, I should have tested it 24 hours after but life gets busy.

Tonight the readings were:
Ammonia -0-
Nitrite -0-
Nitrate 5ppm

Perfect for Bubbles. May he rest in peace. I keep looking at his log waiting for him to swim out. He loved his log. It was so cute watching him swim in and out of it.

Just dosed 1tsp ammonia and will test soon to see what it brought the ammonia level up to.

Update: Ammonia is close to 4ppm :D

If the ammonia dosing clears the ammonia and nitrite tests in 24 hours, the catfish will have a new 10g home on Monday (it's going to be a real TREAT catching them all), and Ms Betta will inhabit the 5g for a couple weeks after a big water change in there.
:D

I just tested the water in the 10g.
Two days ago we dosed it with a 1/2tsp ammonia, which got it to 1ppm. I know, I should have tested it 24 hours after but life gets busy.

Tonight the readings were:
Ammonia -0-
Nitrite -0-
Nitrate 5ppm

Perfect for Bubbles. May he rest in peace. I keep looking at his log waiting for him to swim out. He loved his log. It was so cute watching him swim in and out of it.

Just dosed 1tsp ammonia and will test soon to see what it brought the ammonia level up to.

Update: Ammonia is close to 4ppm :D

If the ammonia dosing clears the ammonia and nitrite tests in 24 hours, the catfish will have a new 10g home on Monday (it's going to be a real TREAT catching them all), and Ms Betta will inhabit the 5g for a couple weeks after a big water change in there.
:D

Yay! No more cramped catfish!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep!! Hope around 4ppm wasn't too much but. I want to see how strong the bio filter is!!

If not Monday ASAP!

They may be hard to see in there sometimes. We have some big fake plants.

OOo just remembered we have some driftwood to prepare for the tank!!!

Do you think the fact that they have a wilty fin when resting once in awhile (it's never all of them) is concerning?? It's never while swimming. I don't think we could ever catch a specific member of our little shoal if we had to. They're hard to catch.

Yep!! Hope around 4ppm wasn't too much but. I want to see how strong the bio filter is!!

If not Monday ASAP!

They may be hard to see in there sometimes. We have some big fake plants.

OOo just remembered we have some driftwood to prepare for the tank!!!

Do you think the fact that they have a wilty fin when resting once in awhile (it's never all of them) is concerning?? It's never while swimming. I don't think we could ever catch a specific member of our little shoal if we had to. They're hard to catch.

At this point I wouldn't worry. If they get any worse then worry.

Back
Top Bottom