I want a lawn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Midnighttang said:
Slow is better, anyway. Easier to control it :)

MABJ, just out of curiosity, what makes F8s difficult. I know they can't be kept with other fish, need an environment that is interesting to live in, prefer brackish water ( although the LFS keeps them in FW), eat frozen or live food and need snails to keep their teeth trimmed. They're also messy and need 50% weekly water changes. Have I covered all the bases or is there something else I'm missing? I don't want to accidentally hurt my first puffer, so any extra advice would be handy.

I've never kept an F8. I just know that all that even sounds daunting to me XD.

I agree, it does sound quite daunting. Particularly the brackish water. I've also tossed around the idea of buying some dwarf puffers instead, but they just aren't as cool looking as the f8.

If you plan to go Brackish, very few plants tolerate those conditions. There are a lot of Puffer posts on this board with good info. I'd run a search. There is a member whose name I forget that is very knowledgeable about all common types of Puffers.

I recommend using riccia fluitans for the lawn. It's medium light and looks amazing during cellular respiration, when bubbles form and they stay between leaves for a while.

Attachments

• riccia_fluitans_700.jpg
    riccia_fluitans_700.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 73
maxwellag said:
I recommend using riccia fluitans for the lawn. It's medium light and looks amazing during cellular respiration, when bubbles form and they stay between leaves for a while.

So cool looking! Needs t to be tied to stones though, right? It can get messy when you trim it. I use a fish net to scoop out all the pieces. Same with the glosso though. I just have a bit of riccia on my driftwood. I love the silvery look it gets.

CorallineAlgae said:
So cool looking! Needs t to be tied to stones though, right? It can get messy when you trim it. I use a fish net to scoop out all the pieces. Same with the glosso though. I just have a bit of riccia on my driftwood. I love the silvery look it gets.

You can bury it in substrate or tie it to something. It tends to float if it's not secured to something.

Back
Top Bottom