I want this coral and can't find it....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I'm finding.....I've googled and yahooed (if that's a word) and I can find them, like the one in your link, but they aren't the ones that I'm looking for.

Could the one in the picture be something different? I don't think it's likely but I'm grasping at straws.

It looks similar but the coral I saw (several months ago) was more of a pinkish hue with dark ridges.

I'm kicking myself now, I'll probably never find another one like it. I had ordered it through extremecorals.com and they dorked up my order and didn't include it. When I called their customer service number they had already sold it so I was essentially S.O.L.

Rats! I'm sure Kurt had something to do with this!

Yeah... it was only a matter of time! I think she's nicknamed me "The Enabler."

So MsBearCtr... are you looking for what's in the picture you posted, or a Pectinia Lactusa? I just happened to get the 3-volume Veron coral book for my birthday the other day (WOW... 17 lbs of books about corals!) and looked up the Pectinia Lactusa. While some of them *kind* of look like a platygyra, the pectinia have much deeper and broader valleys.

I really think the picture you posted is a type of platygyra, and now that you've mentioned the coloration you're looking for, I think I remember seeing that coral on LiveAquaria maybe? At least somewhere I remember seeing a platygyra with pink valleys and purplish/brownish ridges.

If I see one at any of my haunts, should I tell you? I mean... I wouldn't want to be accused of feeding your addiction or anything, but we all have to look out for each other, right? :rolleyes: (Plus I'm done buying for a while, so I have no problem telling you where the good ones are!)

Yeah... it was only a matter of time! I think she's nicknamed me "The Enabler."

So MsBearCtr... are you looking for what's in the picture you posted, or a Pectinia Lactusa? I just happened to get the 3-volume Veron coral book for my birthday the other day (WOW... 17 lbs of books about corals!) and looked up the Pectinia Lactusa. While some of them *kind* of look like a platygyra, the pectinia have much deeper and broader valleys.

I really think the picture you posted is a type of platygyra, and now that you've mentioned the coloration you're looking for, I think I remember seeing that coral on LiveAquaria maybe? At least somewhere I remember seeing a platygyra with pink valleys and purplish/brownish ridges.

If I see one at any of my haunts, should I tell you? I mean... I wouldn't want to be accused of feeding your addiction or anything, but we all have to look out for each other, right? :rolleyes: (Plus I'm done buying for a while, so I have no problem telling you where the good ones are!)

It's probably a good thing that I don't have 17 lbs of books about corals.....I'd be broke and divorced too!

C'mon Enab.....er...I mean Kurt, if you see this please, please let me know. I need this badly.....(Jeeze! I think I'm a coral junkie).

And as for you Ziggy....you're not innocent here either! You go posting those pictures of your new corals and then tease us with promises of fragging in the future! For Shame!! You know that cmor has absolutely no self control when it comes to corals (welcome to my world cmor).

:devilish:

Nuts! I just went on the site and he updated it and therefore removed the coral since it was sold.....Oh well, you'll just have to wait until I get it and post a brag picture of it. :)

Back
Top Bottom