Ibrahim's 150g FOWLR Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the pictures. Sorry the aren't good because the fish are real quick and shy. Only way I got them out was by feeding them.

Attachments

• image-3317545107.jpg
    image-3317545107.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 88
  • image-573013204.jpg
    image-573013204.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 82
SeanMonster said:
They are awesome. Looking forward to the rest of the stocking list.

Thanks. I guess I'll just be buying what I like at my LFS. So my stocklist is unknown lol

Woke up to find the butterfly on the sandbed. Dumb Humu trigger killed him. He kept chasing and picking at him. He tried to do the same to the tang until the tang flared and whacked the him with his tail/scalpel. Would you be surprised if I told you he bothers every other fish in the tank including the 13" Lionfish? Well....he does and no LFS will take him since he is too large.

Hondatek said:
That stinks man. Sorry about your butterfly. Triggers are evil .

Specially him. He beat up my porcupine puffer. So I had to take the puffer back. I don't think there is a fish he won't try to kill except for tangs.

Hondatek said:
That stinks man. Sorry about your butterfly. Triggers are evil .

That's not entirely true. I have a Niger and a Pinktail that only chase each other. I did have n Emperor Angel that messed with my Volitan until he stung him.

Sorry about your Butterfly. That really sucks.

SeanMonster said:
That's not entirely true. I have a Niger and a Pinktail that only chase each other. I did have n Emperor Angel that messed with my Volitan until he stung him.

Sorry about your Butterfly. That really sucks.

Thanks, and yea my pink tail and bursa arent aggressive at all

Ibrahim said:
Thanks, and yea my pink tail and bursa arent aggressive at all

Actually, come to think of it, I had a Raccoon Butterfly that also messed with said Volitan and ended up stung as well. I think I give my fish far more credit for brain power than they earn or deserve :).

SeanMonster said:
Actually, come to think of it, I had a Raccoon Butterfly that also messed with said Volitan and ended up stung as well. I think I give my fish far more credit for brain power than they earn or deserve :).

That sucks....only thing is my trigger is smart enough to avoid his stingers and goes straight for his tail.

Woke up to find the butterfly on the sandbed. Dumb Humu trigger killed him. He kept chasing and picking at him. He tried to do the same to the tang until the tang flared and whacked the him with his tail/scalpel. Would you be surprised if I told you he bothers every other fish in the tank including the 13" Lionfish? Well....he does and no LFS will take him since he is too large.
Sorry man ,,i know your pain,,my humu killed 3 fish while he was in my tank..He got shipped out awhile ago.He was fine for 2 years then he snapped.
My clown trigger soon followed ,,after i added a blue throat the clown darn near killed it..Now the blue throat and sargassum "seem" to be fine..Way too early to tell..Took my other triggers years before they snapped..
This is why i am now going with the said to be" less aggressive " triggers,,like pink tails and nigers ,,they too are said to be pretty tame
EDIT:watch your bursa ,they are very close to humus,same family

FTMMWS said:
Sorry man ,,i know your pain,,my humu killed 3 fish while he was in my tank..He got shipped out awhile ago.He was fine for 2 years then he snapped.
My clown trigger soon followed ,,after i added a blue throat the clown darn near killed it..Now the blue throat and sargassum "seem" to be fine..Way too early to tell..Took my other triggers years before they snapped..
This is why i am now going with the said to be" less aggressive " triggers,,like pink tails and nigers ,,they too are said to be pretty tame

Humu trigger killed too many fish, 2 other triggers (Niger and white tail), a wrasse, grouper, and others.

FTMMWS said:

I really think it depends on the specific tank. My buddy has a Niger that will attack the front of the tank if you walk by it!

Jlsardina said:
I really think it depends on the specific tank. My buddy has a Niger that will attack the front of the tank if you walk by it!

Agreed. The tank size also matters. If its a small tank then the trigger will cover more tank space for its territory. If its a very large tank then the chances of it bullying the other fish is unlikely.

Wooh I made it into the top 100 in a competition. There is a a safe in each house (100 houses) that everyone has to unlock with a key we've been given, and inside is 50 grand. Everyone has been assigned a house at random and we go next Tuesday so wish me luck lol!!

On a second note, my poor lionfish which I raised from 4" to 13" randomly caught ich and I'm thinking of doing hypo. Idk how he caught it since I haven't added a fish in like a month and the tang that I added no signs of illnesses even till today. 3 days ago he was jumping for food when I was hand feeding him but today he hasn't shown the slightest sign of an appetite. I just don't want to lose him since he's my favorite and the highlight of the tank. But any ideas how he may have gotten this?

Attachments

• image-2430690016.jpg
    image-2430690016.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1844550467.jpg
    image-1844550467.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 91
Sure is odd. But it may be present even with no signs. Is the lionfish stressed for any reason?

scottayy said:
Sure is odd. But it may be present even with no signs. Is the lionfish stressed for any reason?

He's just laying on the sandbed. A couple months ago he was sick like this but was actually upside down with his face in the sand and I was so sad :( But then a couple days later he had returned to his normal self and now this happened. Can ich from FW travel to SW fish? I fed him guppies a few days ago but they didn't look sick. The tang is doing great and has actually colored up a bit since I got him so idk of it was from him

Fw ick is totally different from sw ick it just has the same name so that didnt happen. I'm not sure about other parasites or diseases fw can carry over though . Good luck that is an awesome fish you got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom