Ibrahim's 150g FOWLR Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mr_X said:
I don't know if anything is going to survive a predator tank. YOU are the cleanup crew I'm afraid.

Thought so.....but Nassarius snails should be alright since they burrow right?

You can also tell the stores to order you things. They all have them on their stock lists...they just usually don't order oddball stuff because they don't sell as fast. I'm sure if you gave them a deposit, they would get you whatever you wanted. Check out wartskin anglers.

mr_X said:
You can also tell the stores to order you things. They all have them on their stock lists...they just usually don't order oddball stuff because they don't sell as fast. I'm sure if you gave them a deposit, they would get you whatever you wanted. Check out wartskin anglers.

That's the one I saw! They also had a sargassum angler

mr_X said:
What is the new sump going to do that the old one didn't? Do you have a sump currently?

The one I have now is the eshopps wet/dry 100. I'm thinking about getting a sump to have a place for a skimmer and 2 reactors and to have a refugium. Its 36" long and 20" wide which is all I know since that's what I say in the CL ad

mr_X said:
Gotcha. I would rather have that than a fish.

I was thinking 4. 2 for my 55g FOWLR which will be the tank to hold 2 fish for the 150g. I'm selling off all the fish this weekend. So 2 in the 55 and 2 in the DT so I don't put too much on the bio-load then I'll move one over every week.

Got my GFO today and used up about half to fill my reactor half way. I still need to pick up a pump for it though so I'm going to petco tomorrow. I barely have algae in the tank too so that's good. Only a few diatoms on one or 2 small coral decor

A reactor with GFO is such a nice thing to have. I rarely even test for phosphates anymore.. just to see if my GFO is all used up.

scottayy said:
A reactor with GFO is such a nice thing to have. I rarely even test for phosphates anymore.. just to see if my GFO is all used up.

Yeah I saw alot of good reviews so I just hope it can keep all the algae off my fake coral. It'd be an eye sore to see it always and scrub it off or soak in bleach or vinegar. But I made it so that I can remove decor as I please without disrupting the rockwork do every 1-2 months I can soak all the decor in a trash can

Picked up a few goodies since my petco was relocating and they were having a huge sale. I got a rio 600 for the reactor for $15, 2 packs of pellets for $2 and a digital thermometer for $4. They had an aqueon 4g tank for $60 and I was going to buy it so I can have a pico but I'll wait until my 25g sells

Wow... I'm so pissed right now. The phosban reactor's sponge that's supposed to keep the media in the reactor is some $h*t. It spilled all the media out. I don't even know what to do besides smash the stupid reactor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom