iCam for iOS tank surveillance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ausfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys and girls!

I just wanted to share my latest project with you. I am a bit of a geek when it comes to my tank so I was dreaming of remote surveillance for the longest time. I could just never find an affordable way to do so.

Yesterday I came across an app for my iphone called 'iCam'. €4,99

I bought it, installed some software on my server(any computer can do this) and adjusted the 5 things you can adjust. It was dead simple. Within 3 minutes I had whatever my Mac's webcam showed mirrored on my iphone. Now here come's the clue:

flick the switch "configure router" and it does all the tricky work for you!

I disabled WiFi on my phone and it will still transmit.

This works for up to 4 cameras :D

I am not sure if I am the only one who has that dream but I personally like the idea of checking in on my tank if I'm not there for a weekend.

Future plans:

digital aquatics reefkeeper lite with.

Whis will let me check salinity, PH, temp and auto top off. Just point a $10 webcam on it and off you go.

Anyways, What do you think of the idea? Am I a total geek? :ROFLMAO:

P.S.: The software supports motion detection and will record for you. Which means I will probably hook up a WiFi-Webcam to my front door :brows:

Hey guys and girls!

I just wanted to share my latest project with you. I am a bit of a geek when it comes to my tank so I was dreaming of remote surveillance for the longest time. I could just never find an affordable way to do so.

Yesterday I came across an app for my iphone called 'iCam'. €4,99

I bought it, installed some software on my server(any computer can do this) and adjusted the 5 things you can adjust. It was dead simple. Within 3 minutes I had whatever my Mac's webcam showed mirrored on my iphone. Now here come's the clue:

flick the switch "configure router" and it does all the tricky work for you!

I disabled WiFi on my phone and it will still transmit.

This works for up to 4 cameras :D

I am not sure if I am the only one who has that dream but I personally like the idea of checking in on my tank if I'm not there for a weekend.

Future plans:

digital aquatics reefkeeper lite with.

Whis will let me check salinity, PH, temp and auto top off. Just point a $10 webcam on it and off you go.

Anyways, What do you think of the idea? Am I a total geek? :ROFLMAO:

P.S.: The software supports motion detection and will record for you. Which means I will probably hook up a WiFi-Webcam to my front door :brows:

That's an awesome idea. It's like never leaving your tank in watched. :)

Back
Top Bottom