Ich and Heat Method

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishayFishay

Aquarium Advice Freak
I realized my opaline gourami had ich a week ago. I didn't think much of it since my zebra danios had a spot on them too(when I first got them) and since she was new I kinda let it go as the spot did go away in 48 hours(as I predicted it would).
Yesterday she was full of ich spots so I cranked up the heater. 2 temp per hour and a half. It's been at 86 for about 24 hours now and mostly all her spots are gone. Only 1-2 left from like 10. I know that zebra danios prefer colder water so I'm worried the heat will mess with them sooner or later so I'd like to finish this treatment ASAP.

Should I just turn the heater down after all spots come off of her or wait about a week or two?

Wait 2 weeks before you lower the heat so all the ich is dead.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had giant danios in my tank before and used the heat method. They handled it like champs. I also treated goldfish this way and they didn't seem to mind. But it all depends on the individual fish.
Just have lots of bubbles on and they should be okay :) I love the heat method, so much cheaper and easier than chemicals.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom