ICH help pls!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deMelo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys
My fish have ICH

I have raised temps up

Today I went and bough a product I want to know you opinion if I should use it ore not

I'll post some pic below

Thanks I really appreciate your feedback not sure what to do, scared will get out of control and I will end up with dead fish

My stock
X7 neons tetras
X5 Cardinal tetras
X4 guppies + fry
X7ghost shrimp
X2 zebra snails
X3 rainbow fish ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415148904.596721.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415148929.085942.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415149059.200329.jpg

Skip the medication and just use temperature to treat the ich.

Raising up the temperature by 1 - 2 degrees hourly until it hit 86 degrees and then keeping it there for 2 weeks after the last sign of ich goes away is a tried and true method of treating it.

Will it hurt my fish if I use that product.

I just bought it at the local pet store
Don't want it to go to waste
If it helps

If it does more harm than good then I will just stick with the higher temperature

That seems to be nothing but malachite green. It's a fairly nasty med that can kill plants, inverts, fish, and can stain your decorations. I personally wouldn't use it.

See if you can return it.

Thanks for your feedback

I'm so new to this got the tank a couple of months ago

Spent so much money already on it plus all these issues with fish and water quality, I'm so frustrated with this tank, there is always an issue

Not enjoying this hobby that much

I was like that at first as well. I had an infection last year that killed close to 30 fish and almost called it quits.

It takes a little bit to iron things out, but once they are finally ironed things get easy as long as you keep up your water changes.

Water changes help lower the population of ich at the free swimming stage. If you do water changes a few times a week along with 86 degrees, the ich will be gone quickly.

Ok will do, I'm also going to just put only 1/2 drops of that product so it won't hurt my fish and I guess will help a bit?!?

Ok will do, I'm also going to just put only 1/2 drops of that product so it won't hurt my fish and I guess will help a bit?!?

Putting 1/2 dose is the worst thing you could do. It allows the disease to build up a resistance to meds and creates bigger problems overall. Either full dose or no dose.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Yup. For the same reason, I treat ich at 88-89 degrees. I don't want to be near the threshold of survival.

From my experience I would get it Kick ick also get garlic and put that in with the food because it boost their immune system. I used it in my saltwater tank because my yellow belly hippo tang had gotten ick. Within seven days the ick was mostly gone. It will always be in the tank but as long as your fish have a good healthy immune system they will be able to fight it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are talking about freshwater ich here, which is different. Maybe saltwater ich is always there, but that's not so of freshwater ich.

The kick ick can be used for both fresh and salt. The garlic also can be used as well. It will boost there immune system to help them fight it. You can tackle it the same way. It it doesn't stay in the tank after its gone then that's a plus. I have both fresh and saltwater tanks and I keep my freshwater tank at 82 degrees all the time. I have been very successful with no loss of fish for the past 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help!

I will take your advice
My situation seems controlled now, my fish seem all ok now,

no signs of ICH expect 1 rainbow fish still has 2 visible spots, finished the treatment yesterday

Luckily I had no fish dying yet from this

I'm keeping my temp at 82 all the time now btw that's the max my heater can provide

When should I put the carbon back to the filter?

I'm thinking in doing water change today ore tomorrow, should I?
Will it stress the fish to much?

Left my heat at 82 and used the medicine

Ugh I feel you. What started out as a gift card purchase has turned into a few hundred out of my own pocket. I just want healthy happy fish, but I too have ich in my main tank. I bought a 3 gallon tank tonight just to put my snails in so I could treat my main tank. I turned the heat up and added an airstone for extra air, then I tossed in some ich guard. Heres hoping.

Back
Top Bottom